Default Keyboard Shortcuts missing

New Here ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to Premiere Pro 15.1.0, my default keyboard shortcuts went missing. I attempted to transfer the .kys file from Adobe/Premiere Pro/15.0/Profile-Username/Mac, but I get this error message when trying to open it in Premiere: "The shortcut key file Adobe Premiere Pro Default Keyboard" was created on another platform and is incompatible with this version of Premiere Pro". I tried reinstalling and received the same message. Any idea why I'm getting this error?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve Graham,

We're sorry about the poor experience. Have you tried resetting app preferences to isolate any preference corruption issue that might be causing the app to misbehave?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have Windows set for some other language then English?

You can copy the default shortcuts to the working folder. The default shortcuts are here:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro 2021\Keyboard Shortcuts

(Windows, /Mac users adjust path)

MyerPj_0-1622258779957.png

Go inside one of these language groups and copy the files inside to:

C:\Users\YOU\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\15.0\Profile-YOU\Win (or Mac)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines