• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Default Keyboard Shortcuts missing

New Here ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to Premiere Pro 15.1.0, my default keyboard shortcuts went missing. I attempted to transfer the .kys file from Adobe/Premiere Pro/15.0/Profile-Username/Mac, but I get this error message when trying to open it in Premiere: "The shortcut key file Adobe Premiere Pro Default Keyboard" was created on another platform and is incompatible with this version of Premiere Pro". I tried reinstalling and received the same message. Any idea why I'm getting this error?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve Graham,

We're sorry about the poor experience. Have you tried resetting app preferences to isolate any preference corruption issue that might be causing the app to misbehave?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Windows set for some other language then English?

You can copy the default shortcuts to the working folder. The default shortcuts are here:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro 2024\Keyboard Shortcuts\

(For Windows, /Mac users adjust path - The EN folder contains the English Shortcuts)

MyerPj_0-1622258779957.png

Go inside one of these language groups and copy the files inside to:

%UserProfile%\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\24.0\Profile-YOU\Win

or use this one below, you'll see your UserProfile folder, then inside that 'Win"

%UserProfile%\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\24.0\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having an issue where no matter what my keyboard shortcuts are greyed out in Premiere and I can't load any of the default presets making my keyboard useless. I found a copy of the default .kys online I downloaded but it gave me the "created in another platform and incompatible error." However, on Mac, I went to the Applications folder > Premiere Pro folder. Right-clicked the Application Icon>Show Package Contents>Contents>Keyboard Shortcuts>en and took the Adobe Premiere Pro Default.kys and copied that to User>Documents>Adobe>Premiere Pro>15.0>Profile-user>Mac and pasted it in there. In the Keyboard Shortcuts preferences in Premiere I now have a copy of the default shortcuts but the one on the bottom I copied works and the original still doesn't load anything. Very annoying but this work around got things rolling for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!!!! I tried everything. Just to help other online searchers. If you are missing your keyboard short for Adobe Premiere the above solution works. In the directory, just grab the settings in the EN folder. Be sure to restart the program and look for the new copied settings. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worked! Great job!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines