Dec 13, 2009 Dec 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I change the default font in Titler

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 24, 2013 Feb 24, 2013

I just found this on another site and it works:

you can create a template with the text set to what font/size/colour etc. that you need. To do this just create a title and change to your desired settings, then delete the text.

Select the "templates" icon near the top left of the title designer window, select "templates" from the title menu or hit the shortcut "Ctrl+j".

Select the little triangle/arrow icon at the top right of the templates window and select "Import current title as template" from

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use a template.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just start typing and hit one of the Title Stiles or make a New Style.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2013 Feb 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found this on another site and it works:

you can create a template with the text set to what font/size/colour etc. that you need. To do this just create a title and change to your desired settings, then delete the text.

Select the "templates" icon near the top left of the title designer window, select "templates" from the title menu or hit the shortcut "Ctrl+j".

Select the little triangle/arrow icon at the top right of the templates window and select "Import current title as template" from the drop down menu.

Select the same little triangle/arrow again and select "Set template as default still" from the drop down menu.

Now when you create a new title it will open the title designer with the settings you chose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 21, 2013 Mar 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had asked this  before and got the usual "use a template or select a style" and in my head I'd never got around how this could be useful when having to change hundreds of text sheets set up on somone elses project passed to me to work on - and my ddefault was not the same as theirs.

Having done this - its soooo easy --  thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 15, 2015 May 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question should be marked as "answered."  johatk86's answer is correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2016 Aug 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you came here in 2020 or later like I am, just an update this doesn't work/isn't an option anymore. Apparently you have to set a master style and then select it every time you go into a project. And master styles don't transfer between projects for me so... Adobe a default text would be great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Truly mind boggling something as simple as a default font (or even just remembering the last one you used) should be so hard... but then again this is how Adobe does. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For Premiere 14 and other versions.  The default text will always be the first of the fonts in your list of possible fonts. It won't save what font you used last.  Anytime you try to add text, that one will appear.  Click text (upper tool bar), new, default text, see the words "Add Text" appear on the screen over your video.  Click left of the word "Add (Text)", type your text then delete the words "Add Text".  Click text (upper tool bar), change size to 120 or whatever you want.  In the adjustments drop down box, change the text font or change style font.  You should see your text change to your preferred font.  Click drop shadow, make distance 20, leave softness at 1, change the color, there are several styles such as 4 point that will color your type in a gradient, or just keep it solid.  The adjustments box also has a Mode... default is the T... click the little arrow and you can drag your line of type to whatever position on the screen looks good.  Keep it in the little white safe box lines or it could be cut off.  Click mode back to the T, if you need to change the type, or add a line.    You can even change the type alignment from Left to Center, or Right, if you want.  Once you move your cursor off of that video scene you won't be able to change the type... you'll have to delete it and start over.  Drag the box wider if you want it to appear for longer in the scene.  There's no "template or little arrows" to change, that must be in a pro version of Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines