• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DeHummer settings keep resetting

Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime I re-open my project my dehummer settings in the sequence FX slots disappear and all that appears is a straight line.  I have to redo my settings everytime.  Very frustrating.  

TOPICS
Audio , Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you tried saving your settings as a preset and then reapplying the saved preset?  not ideal, but would save you some time... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding.  How do you save presets in the mixer FX slots?  I didn't know you could.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, I was thinking of the effects panel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, just to confirm, there isn't a way to save presets in the mixer slots, correct?  If there isn't, I sure wish Adobe would supply that feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, and many, many others, have been after the development team about being able to save both individual presets in the mixer slots for both clip & track mixers, along with saving entire racks as a preset. Yea, frustrating as it seems that we should be able to do so.

The workaround is to store a sequence with a clip and track mixer set up with effects on them. duplicate the sequence, open in a timeline, select-all/delete all media on the sequence. Then add the media from your current sequence to that timeline, changing sequence settings as needed.

Yea, it's a pain, but gets the job done. And working in a Production mode makes this a lot easier.

But if you can't keep them setup in a sequence even when closed, that wouldn't be possible. I'm wondering why they're not keeping. I naturally assume you are doing a save before closing, pretty routine.

Does this happen if you start a new project?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, yes, I know this trick for copying slot settings.  Unfortunately this doesn't work for the problem I'm having, which is specifically about the DeHummer.  It doesn't matter how many sequences I copy that has my DeHummer settings, those settings go away once I close the project.  I've resorted to screen-grabbing the settings so when I open the project again I can go back and restore all my settings one at a time.  This is particularly annoying when there are multiple DeHummer setups in a single sequence.

I'm not going to go into my very lengthy list of Premiere annoyances, but this now ranks at the top.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ouch ... when you close, it loses settings in that sequence? Oh ... that's a right witch!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this issue. All the audio issues that are happinging with the new updates are starting to piss me off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the simplest workaround I've found:

The same Dehummer effect is in Audition, so if you right click your clip and select "Edit Clip in Adobe Audition", you can just do it there and it'll save after you close premiere/audition. In Audition, make sure to add the effect, and then apply it, then save, so it'll send it over to Premiere. This method also works with a group of clips on your timeline, just don't nest them together first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sandefilms,

Did you ever find a solution?? I'm having the exact same problem!! 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My solution so far is to right click and "replace with audition", as the same effect is in audition. It will stick after you close/open a project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines