Exit

Deleted file from DISK within Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, guys!

Urgently need your help.

Accidentally file from disk using right click on clip > Make offline > Media Files Are Deleted Choose the Then relalized that file was removed from "Source" folder on the hard drive.

Couldn't find it in the trash can as well.

How am i able to recover it?

TOPICS
Audio , Crash , Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Export , Formats , Hardware or GPU , Import , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't think you can.  There are file recovery services and programs that may or may not help...  I was able to recover some files off a compact flash card that was corrupted a few years back, but it was not a pleasant process.  If you're interested, I'll try and dig up the name of the program, BUT DO NOT WRITE ANY NEW FILES TO THE DRIVE IN THE MEANTIME... 

This is one of the reasons you ALWAYS need to back up your media.  The other reason is that EVERY disk will fail including SSD's.  It's a question of when not if...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are able to remind the name of software it would be great.

I tried Recuva and now testing DMDE.
I hope it will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines