Highlighted

Deleting media cache deletes all my edits!

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I store my media cache in a separate folder on my SSD.  Whenever I finish a project, I will delete the media cache files.  However, since I updated to Premiere Pro CC 2020, all my edits will disappear whenever I delete my media cache.  

Edits gone.png

In the screenshot of my project above, notice how I have the cuts made still retained, but all the footages are reset from 00:00 (each cut has that white hook in the top left corner indicating start of footage).  

Is there something I'm doing wrong or is there a way to resolve this?  I have much more complex projects where all my edits are gone just like this and I can't reuse them anymore.  Please help, thanks.

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Deleting media cache deletes all my edits!

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I store my media cache in a separate folder on my SSD.  Whenever I finish a project, I will delete the media cache files.  However, since I updated to Premiere Pro CC 2020, all my edits will disappear whenever I delete my media cache.  

Edits gone.png

In the screenshot of my project above, notice how I have the cuts made still retained, but all the footages are reset from 00:00 (each cut has that white hook in the top left corner indicating start of footage).  

Is there something I'm doing wrong or is there a way to resolve this?  I have much more complex projects where all my edits are gone just like this and I can't reuse them anymore.  Please help, thanks.

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 06, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere stores all things like cuts and effects to a clip on a sequence in the sequence data for that clip. So this is puzzling for sure.

Where do you store each of the working files ... the project files, previews, and cache/media-cache database files?

And what is the system issues warning there?

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 06, 2020 0