Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting multiple transitions at once?

Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all.

just like in the topic. is there an easy way to delete multiple transitions at once ? Lets say all cross fades on specified tracks ? I know final cut 7 could do that 10 years ago so today when i neded to do that in premiere i just asumed that this is so fundamental that no way it is not possible.  But I dont seem to find a build in mechanism (or a workaround for that matter) after an hour of fiddling in Premiere and another hour on the forums.

Is this possible ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Then its one at a time.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several workarounds, here's one:

Delete multiple double-sided transitions - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually saw this tutorial but i just cant call it a workaround, rather a liability. It looks fine on simple example like in this video but i would never trust something like this on a complex 45 minute 20 plus audio tracks projects 😕

for exaple if you have time remaping on any of the clips You are already in trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then its one at a time.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was afraid that would be the answer 😕 just cant get my head around how can this even be possible in a proffessional editing software 😕 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, I am unable to see Ann's YouTube link, so hope this doesn't repeat,

but I saw this same discussion from years ago awake in a thread a couple weeks ago.

Have you seen thread I paste link to here?

How to remove all transitions?

And see Roei Tzoref replies, reply # 34 and slight correction on reply #36.

So, for your specific tracks, will that work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do file that feature request. This should be a command in the app and not workarounds.

I recommend the following workaround, I think it's good for any situation but do see for yourself:

1. select all the clips holding the Ctrl key so all edit points will be selected

2. press Ctrl+Shift+T to toggle trim type three times so that all out points will be marked in red

3. press Ctrl+left Arrow to Trim Backwards  once

4. press Ctrl+Right Arrow to Trim Forward once

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!

I think your keyboard shortcuts are laid out a little different than the Premiere Pro default, but your instructions SAVED me.  A junior editor accidentally put in default fades on every clip on a timeline that was over an hour long, with hundreds of edits. 

For me, the keyboard shortcuts are: 

Step 1: CMD+CLICK to select multiple edit points

Step 2: CTRL+T three times so all points are marked in red as you show

Step 3: OPTION+LEFT ARROW to trim back one frame

Step 4: OPTION+RIGHT ARROW to trim forward.

I was able to wipe out the transitions in one fell swoop.  Much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yo can select multiple transitions and hit Delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roei Tzoref

Ok - So i tried the triming workaround. I did it on the entire 40 min project on about 20 audio tracks -  I scrubbed through the timeline and on a first glance it seems nothing was broken, I will have to do some test on clips with time remaping etc etc to see if the trim operation does not damage enything. If there is no damage that would solve the problem of transitions. Now there still remains one problem. This workaround does not adress  fade-in and fade-out effects as the trim operation does not affects those.

Jim_simon

What do You mean by "select multiple transitions and hit delete?" Do you mean selecting by hand hundreds of transitions holding shift key? Because that would be missing the point entirely. Or do You have a way to do this with coupe of clics? 

Ann Bens

Thank you for Your answer I aprreciate It .  But in this case posting a link to a feature request page is kind of ironic dont you think? Considering that the post linked in this thread about this exact problem dates back to 2008 - I have to assume feature reqests have ben made around that time also. 9 years later this feature is still missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or do You have a way to do this with coupe of clicks?

Unfortunately, no.  Selecting needs to be one at a time.

But instead of select/delete, select/delete, select/delete, you can just do select, select, select...delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So still no possibility to do that.... but instead Adobe always a champion to add useless features when some trivial tasks are still impossible to do.

In my case any workaround is not possible :I have already multi-speed clips in my timeline and i just want to delete a specific transition that is applied several times and not the others.

There just should be a comand "delete transitions" then all the transitions in the timeline would appear and you just have to select the transition(s) you want  to delete like the "delete attributes" command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is INSANE !!!!! I added default transitions to my sequence - wasnt what we expected so we need to remove them ALL. (history of step no longer available so Undo wont do it).

The cheats and workarounds dont work for us. (there's stills, so do speed cheat. The 'trims' cheat doesnt work either).

Should i add ANOTHER request ??? After 11 years the requests for BASIC functionality are STILL lower priority then the useless features jammed into new versions...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

have you tried accessing an autosave version from before you added all the transitions?  Before I'd ever add a transition to many edit points at a time, I'd always duplicate my sequence so I could easily go back to the previous state...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines