Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to do this???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you’re asking about deleting projects from your computer you wouldn’t go through Premiere but use your operating systems tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rob's right.  Premiere Pro projects exist as files on the hard drive.  You delete those as you would any other file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, he is rignt, but I Think I understand the question in Another way. Of course finding the file and just delete it will erase the Project file itself. Then if you have all Project in separate folders it is easy to erase most cache files and so on byt just deleting the whole folder (except the raw footage maybe). But I also have wondered why Premiere does not seem to have a Project manager that allows you to totally wipe out all files associated with  a certain Project. Just saving the original files. But wiping out all cached files that are jaming the computer. I run Windows 7 and Mac OS High Sierra and cant find that functin in either one.

I also been working in AVID and there you have that function. Maybe cause the file names get weirdly named in AVID. Still is helpful and keeps the computer much cleaner.

Is there a trick to find all files associated with a Project and erase all but the original files?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why Premiere does not seem to have a Project manager that allows you to totally wipe out all files associated with  a certain Project.

I pray it never does.  NLE's should be able to read files, create new files, and that's it.  File deletion or renaming, things which can cause serious problems, should simply not be possible with an NLE.  Those kinds of operations should always require the use of a file manager.

I would argue that Avid needs to remove that functionality, rather than PP adding it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A very old thread, but this seems still an issue in version 14 unless I am missing something. I am disagreeing with the notion that Premier should not be able to clean up its junk, No, it should never be able to delete source files, but I find it much more dangeruos to have users manually dive into sub-directories and delete files that they assume are related to a specific project. This can become a huge issue, specifically if they name projects similarly. Premier should absolutely have a way to clean up project files, never touch source files and then give the option to move any created content of a project into a special folder for user review (before deletion). This should all happen within the GUI and never on the file-level. The current way is akin to asking users to edit the registry- only bad can come of it. My 2c. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is a bit old, but I believe I may be having the same issue.

I created a temp folder on my desktop to adjust the exposure on a video clip that I had shot with a drone. After completing a couple of trials, I worked out some steps that work for all the clips from that day. I attempted to remove the files from my desktop, but the folder cannot be deleted now. The data is gone, but the folder remains. My intent was to do a few tests outside of the workflow for my end product.

So...

To help a few people out, please answer this: How does one completely clear a project? Premiere Pro seems desperate to save an empty folder, in this case, and I would like to get rid of it.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To get rid of the whole project you got to

Files

Documents

Adobe

Premiere Pro

12.0 (or whatever your version is)

Adobe Premiere Pro autosave

And then whatever project you want to delete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried that but the project is still listed when I open PP. I want everything associated with the project removed. I can't find a way to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

did you ever find a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines