Highlighted

Dell XPS 15 7590 - Timeline Playback Glitch/Lag - NEW

Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought my Dell Xps 15 laptop a year ago i7, 32gb ram and Geforce GTX 1650 Graphics card, had no trouble inntitally with editing on Premiere pro 13.4 to 14, I had encounted a problem on my harddrive where I need to format and reinstall windows and it hasnt been the same I am constantly have problems in play back in premeire pro, I have had no issues in photoshop, lightroom, or illustrator with performace,

All my drivers are up to date and my windows version is up to date, I have tried previous years of premiere pro all the way back to 2017 and still no look,

I would really appreciate some help on this as this is my job and I have projects coming up,

Thanks in advance

Topics

Crash, Editing, Error or problem, Hardware or GPU, How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dell XPS 15 7590 - Timeline Playback Glitch/Lag - NEW

Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought my Dell Xps 15 laptop a year ago i7, 32gb ram and Geforce GTX 1650 Graphics card, had no trouble inntitally with editing on Premiere pro 13.4 to 14, I had encounted a problem on my harddrive where I need to format and reinstall windows and it hasnt been the same I am constantly have problems in play back in premeire pro, I have had no issues in photoshop, lightroom, or illustrator with performace,

All my drivers are up to date and my windows version is up to date, I have tried previous years of premiere pro all the way back to 2017 and still no look,

I would really appreciate some help on this as this is my job and I have projects coming up,

Thanks in advance

Topics

Crash, Editing, Error or problem, Hardware or GPU, How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, and how full)?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't really address any kind of "it worked before" type of thing, but what sort of media are you working with (codec, framerate, frame size)? And what are you doing with it? (Multiple streams simultaneously? Effects, including third-party plugins?)

The type of media you work with has a large impact on your system performance.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very basic editing nothing fancy no effects or plugins just stock premiere pro,

my windows 10 corrupt leaving me having to reset my computer with a hardrive format and full re-install of windows, I have installed all the recomended drivers and everthing is up to date and when I install Premiere pro i am having lagged/gittery play back in my preview window, this has noting to do with resolution as i put in 720p footage and it is still the same result, I know i do not like taking about this and you wont either but i installed divinci Resolve editing and everything is perfect in playback with footage, I really do not want to use that platform as i am trained and most experienced with premiere and like it way more for editing, 

Thanks for your help, all your advice is much appreciated 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any update on a fix ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2020 1
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't really address any kind of "it worked before" type of thing

It does if the drives are too small or running out of free space.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My hardrive is a 1TB NVME drive and only half full

Untitled 2.pngUntitled.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 0
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True. But I hope you know that I wasn't referencing your comment. I was prefacing what I was about to comment on.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 0