• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

desperately need help finding a script to cut out black frames???

Engaged ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

client has a vhs tape, that is a transfer of about a trillion super-8 reals from 1958. super 8 reels are lost to time. so thats gone. the tape i have i could not get a good digitization with the equipment i always use. it was bouncing all over the place and scrambled up and so premiere was just like "nope." tried 3 vcr's and same issue. so i'm guessing the magnetic signal on the tape has just deteriorated or some such. another tape she gave me had SERIOUS mold issues and that was a headache as well (i saved that for the very last, and used a "burner" vcr for)
anywho... so i couldnt get a good stable signal to capture in premier, so instead i played it on the tv and used my video camer to record the screen. what i found it all kinds of gaps int he video. i don't know if that was inherint in the original tape recording from the film transfer? or if that has been after the fact. but yeah. client said she understands, and i gave her a 1 minute sample with and without edits, and she said she would pay the extra effort if i could remove the black gaps...

so here is an example, with some commentary (this particular section was apparantly a recording of a projector screen, cause it is kind of at an angle. thats not my aiming, that's simply how the video was)  does anyone know, of any way on any application, that it can analyze video and remove blank frames like i shown? or will i have to do this the hard way?

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It would be interesting to see if Premiere Pro's Scene Edit Detection would get you halfway there. It should find those black sections (and some others too) so you could then quickly move through the timeline looking at the edit points and find the black clips a lot faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines