• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Desqueezed Anamorphic Image Reverts Back To Squeezed After Rendering in Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. So as a test today I shot some iphone footage in 1920x1080 with a 1.33 anamorphic lens. I imported into Adobe Premiere and then clicked "Modify," followed by "Interpret Footage." Then under "Pixel Aspect Ratio" I hit "Conform to: "HD Anamorphic 1080 (1.333)." It desqueezed the image fine. So after doing this I put this desqueezed footage on the timeline. Then I noticed it needed rendering. So I rendered and...the footage goes back to being squeezed again! Does anyone know why this is? I checked the settings and according to what I saw it's still conformed to "HD Anamorphic 1080 (1.333)." Help is needed, please. Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I feel your pain as I'm having the very same issue. And this is with the latest update.

For now as a workaround, I simply edit without rendering on the timeline and only when I export. 

Hope this will be fixed on the next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as a workaround, maybe you should just edit into a sequence with square pixels and distort the sources rather than using the interpret footage workflow...  I got my knuckles slapped here occasionally when I suggest workarrounds, but sometimes ya gotta do whatcha gotta do to deliver the job

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

The workaround sounds like a bandaid to something that should have been addressed natively. I'm cutting a narrative short with composed shots where the subjects are framed right and left heavy. Not ideal to rely on a square ratio. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

who said anything about a square ratio?  Just talking about not dealing with nonsquare pixels.   Having lived thru D1, DV and HDV pixel aspect ratios, keeping everything with square pixels has been a relief.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found it! A bit of a pain but after numerous research, I came to the conclusion that it's a 2020 update bug. I reverted back to 2019 and it works flawlessly! In addition, zero lags when scrubbing the proxies. Yes, proxies! My advice would be ditch the 2020 for now until they fix all bugs. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh nice! How do you revert back to the 2019 update? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

should be availabe in the creative cloud app... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and you don't have to delete the 2020 version...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid I don't follow. Are you saying that the problem is not related to the 2020 update and therefore I shouldn't delete this update or something else? Thanks for the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no I'm saying you can install premiere 2019 without deleting 2020 and you can work in either version... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, I see. Noted. Thanks, I will give that a go! Appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found it! A bit of a pain but after numerous research, I came to the conclusion that it's a 2020 update bug. I reverted back to 2019 and it works flawlessly! In addition, zero lags when scrubbing the proxies. Yes, proxies! My advice would be ditch the 2020 for now until they fix all bugs. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines