Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital Artifacts on Video Export

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have an issue regarding digital artifacts that get burnt into the video export. 

Occasionally i will have the same artifacts occuring on my actual work space or when cpu may be perhaps stretched. 

I am a professional filmmaker and often need to provide the highest quality of export into files under 500mb. I have toyed with various settings such as VBR2 and checking Render Maxium bit depth, Hardware vs Software encoding and queuing the export via media encoder instead. 

It's really temperamental and sometimes even using the same export settings produces better or worse results.

I have a funny feeling it is down to my graphics card as it is a NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M, which had been upgraded on purchase of late 2013 imac desktop. However despite paying the extra at the time to upgrade the graphics card, NVIDIA is no longer supported by Apple, thus upon every startup I get a pop up window to say to install new drivers except the drivers don't exist. 

Is there something I am doing wrong? Some settings i can change? Or has Apple doomed me to bad footage? 

I have provided examples of common digital artifacts, that intermittently occur for a single frame but is totally unacceptable.

Any help much appreciated! 

Also I can't be the only one with this constant NVIDIA nightmare?

Thanks

Mark

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some settings i can change?

You can go to Premiere Pro > Project Settings > General and set the Renderer to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only. This will take the Nvidia card out of the equation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your system no longer meets minimum system requirements, Mark. My professional opinion is that it's time to stop limping along with an 8 year old computer and get yourself a new one. Can't afford it right now? Then, my recommendation is to move back to the last version that worked with that machine. You're not alone, I've had to do the same thing recently, as I can no longer move forward with any Mac that has a NVIDIA card installed. I had to resort to smart rendering to complete any lingering projects. Sorry to tell you these things.

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines