• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Directional Blur just stops.

Contributor ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm trying to use the Directional Blur effect in Premiere, but it seems to have an invisible timer.  Is that so?  I apply it to my clip, keyframe where I want the blur, set the parameters, and watch the clip.  Sure enough the blur just stops after a few frames, well short of my intended key framing.  I did a walk around of a subject and speed ramped as I walked behind them.  Adding some blur to the sped up footage would look much nicer, but the blur just stops mid movement.

So is there a time limit on Directional Blur? I tried applying a second layer of Blur effect and keyframing it after the first one, but that didn't make any difference.  It was like the first one was overriding.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

I think I figured it out.  I nested my clip as a sequence and had to fly blindly to figure out where my speed ramp started and stopped.  Applying my keyframing and blur, then it worked. 

Why wouldn't the blue effect just work on a clip instead of a nested sequence?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I figured it out.  I nested my clip as a sequence and had to fly blindly to figure out where my speed ramp started and stopped.  Applying my keyframing and blur, then it worked. 

Why wouldn't the blue effect just work on a clip instead of a nested sequence?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keyframes are thrown off when the clip speed is changed.  Nesting solves that problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But if you nest your clip you are then unable to see where you speed ramp starts and finishes accurately so know where to add your keyframes. Did you find a way around that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2023 Jul 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved this issue by using an adjustment layer above, this allows you to see all of the keyframes/markers that you have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the idea, I'm facing a similar issue and will try that asap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines