Highlighted

Disable auto trim mode

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the 2020 version when i either try to trim backwords or forwords, or try to extend my edit to the playhead premiere automaticly goes into trim mode. is there a way to disable it or am i doomed to work from the 2019 version from now on?

It appears that my last comment may have been lost in this post.

In Premiere Pro 14.0.3, we reverted this behavior based upon issues & feedback. The Playhead will once again remain where you left it when using Trim shortcuts. 

Sorry for any inconviences this may have caused in previous releases. The change to have Trim follow Playhead was based upon customer feedback and as we know now, a number of people were not happy with this change. This feature was reverted based upon forum feedback, so thank you for speaking up. We felt it was best to roll back the changes to keep our existing behavior, until we can come up with a better solution.

TOPICS
Error or problem, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Disable auto trim mode

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the 2020 version when i either try to trim backwords or forwords, or try to extend my edit to the playhead premiere automaticly goes into trim mode. is there a way to disable it or am i doomed to work from the 2019 version from now on?

It appears that my last comment may have been lost in this post.

In Premiere Pro 14.0.3, we reverted this behavior based upon issues & feedback. The Playhead will once again remain where you left it when using Trim shortcuts. 

Sorry for any inconviences this may have caused in previous releases. The change to have Trim follow Playhead was based upon customer feedback and as we know now, a number of people were not happy with this change. This feature was reverted based upon forum feedback, so thank you for speaking up. We felt it was best to roll back the changes to keep our existing behavior, until we can come up with a better solution.

TOPICS
Error or problem, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 05, 2019 3
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off

composting preview during trim.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it does not work, it still stops the playback, enters trim mode and moves the playhead to he trim frame making me unable to trim frames as the video plays

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just now figuered out what you tried to do. i'm not talking about the drag and trop trimming, i'm talking about the trim forward keyboard shortcut that now, different than in other versions, it automaticaly getting me into trim mode with all its drawbacks (the lagging of it, stopping the playback, moving my playhead ect.)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it does not work, it still stops the playback, enters trim mode and moves the playhead to he trim frame making me unable to trim frames as the video plays

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2019 0
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure but there are some settings for Trim in the Preferences.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried all of them 😕

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2019 0
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what the problem is can you make a screencapture?

Next step:

FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what I've noticed. You can see when the edit is selected and the clip is trimmed w/ the keyboard shortcuts, Premiere goes into Trim Mode automatically and the scrubber starts snapping to the edit point. This is the first version I've noticed this, and prefer it go back to normal or have the option.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely! So sick of this happening.

And to any Premiere devs out there reading this...do NOT enable a new feature without coding a "disable feature" option.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 20, 2020 1