• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disable auto trim mode

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the 2020 version when i either try to trim backwords or forwords, or try to extend my edit to the playhead premiere automaticly goes into trim mode. is there a way to disable it or am i doomed to work from the 2019 version from now on?

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

It appears that my last comment may have been lost in this post.

In Premiere Pro 14.0.3, we reverted this behavior based upon issues & feedback. The Playhead will once again remain where you left it when using Trim shortcuts. 

Sorry for any inconviences this may have caused in previous releases. The change to have Trim follow Playhead was based upon customer feedback and as we know now, a number of people were not happy with this change. This feature was reverted based upon forum feedback, s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off

composting preview during trim.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it does not work, it still stops the playback, enters trim mode and moves the playhead to he trim frame making me unable to trim frames as the video plays

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just now figuered out what you tried to do. i'm not talking about the drag and trop trimming, i'm talking about the trim forward keyboard shortcut that now, different than in other versions, it automaticaly getting me into trim mode with all its drawbacks (the lagging of it, stopping the playback, moving my playhead ect.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it does not work, it still stops the playback, enters trim mode and moves the playhead to he trim frame making me unable to trim frames as the video plays

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure but there are some settings for Trim in the Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried all of them 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what the problem is can you make a screencapture?

Next step:

FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what I've noticed. You can see when the edit is selected and the clip is trimmed w/ the keyboard shortcuts, Premiere goes into Trim Mode automatically and the scrubber starts snapping to the edit point. This is the first version I've noticed this, and prefer it go back to normal or have the option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely! So sick of this happening.

And to any Premiere devs out there reading this...do NOT enable a new feature without coding a "disable feature" option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is no bug or anything, on the 2020 relese of premiere when you try to trim frames using the keyboard short cuts it enters trim mode. i was wondering if there was a way to disable it. i believe there isn't. nevermind. 2019 is fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I just noticed this when I updated today. Glad I'm not the only one that is thrown off by it. Hope they make a way to disable this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very frustrating, inefficient and problematic update with this trim issue. Hope this gets addressed ASAP by the Adobe team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a way to turn it off, or at least there's supposed to be, it's just that for some reason it doesn't work which is incredibly frustrating. In the "Timeline Display Settings" (Wrench icon in the timeline), there's an option in the drop down for "Composite Preview During Trim". 

It actually worked for me once, but now it doesn't, really hoping for an update soon as this is really slowing down my edit. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I gave that a try initially but same, doesn't seem to make a difference. The inefficiency of trim mode is one of my least favorite aspects of Avid so it's very frustrating to be stuck in it in Premiere. Having the playhead snap to the trim and not being to shift those edits during playback really eats up time throughout an edit, and I can't possibly fathom why anyone would want two seconds of pre-roll to look at one frame edits...

Here's hoping for a quick fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I said, worked for me once (last night) to my immediate relief...and then frustration today when it makes no difference whether on or off, wondering if there's some odd work around to get it working, like resetting and reloading preferences? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is driving me absolutely bananas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand the frustration ... certainly. Have you posted this on the UserVoice forum? That is the system for getting bugs and feature ideas to the engineering staff.

This forum is primarily a user-to-user system for quick assistance on working within Premiere.

Neil

Adobe UserVoice Bug /Feature form: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And per Neil's recommendation, post a link back to this thread, so we can see it and upvote it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, thanks for the suggestions! When I went into the UserVoice forum I found that the issue had already been flagged so I made sure to upvote:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/38959594-fix-auto-trimming

Feel free to cruise through there and upvote as well if you have a moment 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Smart, upvoting rather than creating a new thread. I just upvoted also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is driving me crazy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue should be fixed in Premiere Pro 14.0.1 that was just released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trent,

Thank you for the update. With the new version the trim buttons do not immediately launch trim mode, which is great. Currently when I use trim forward / trim back though the playhead is still jumping to the edit point. Is there a way to turn this off? It is much more efficient for me to trim frames during playback rather than having to stop and have the playhead move every time.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently, there is not. This was the intended change in 14.0, the Playhead will follow shortcut Trim Forward/Backward. Would you prefer a Preference for this? (eg: Preferences > Trim)

For trimming during playback, you could try Ripple Trim Next Edit to Playhead (W key) or Ripple Trim Previous Edit to Playhead (Q key). You could also select desired Edit Point, then scrub frame by frame using Left/Right Arrow keys and use Extend Selected Edit to Playhead (E key).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines