Highlighted

Display Color Management causes color blocks on footage

Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I'm being honest, I'm lost here. I've researched GPU forums, Adobe forums, Creative Cow, etc and have not been able to figure out why my footage creates color blocks everywhere when I enable Display Color Management. I'm trying to find the fix to my color issues on export and have the Gamma Corrector LUT installed but need to enable this feature to export properly and end up with this issue everytime I enable it. I need someone smarter than I to explain to me what to do from here. I have also already gone through and updated drivers to everything in "AMD Radeon Software" because it is supposedly the best option but then switched back to windows device manager recommended drivers, either way the issue still occurs.

DCM Enabled

Color Blocks.jpg

DCM Disabled

No Color Blocks.jpg

  

System Info:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU SKU
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor, 4000 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)

GPU AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT

GPU Driver Version 27.20.2001.13001
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1005, 8/2/2019
SMBIOS Version 3.2
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
BaseBoard Product PRIME X570-P
BaseBoard Version Rev X.0x
Platform Role Desktop
Secure Boot State Off
PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 63.9 GB
Total Physical Memory 63.9 GB
Available Physical Memory 50.6 GB
Total Virtual Memory 72.8 GB
Available Virtual Memory 54.7 GB
Page File Space 8.86 GB

Thanks for your time and special thanks to anyone that can help me figure this out.

TOPICS
Crash, Editing, Error or problem, Export, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Display Color Management causes color blocks on footage

Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I'm being honest, I'm lost here. I've researched GPU forums, Adobe forums, Creative Cow, etc and have not been able to figure out why my footage creates color blocks everywhere when I enable Display Color Management. I'm trying to find the fix to my color issues on export and have the Gamma Corrector LUT installed but need to enable this feature to export properly and end up with this issue everytime I enable it. I need someone smarter than I to explain to me what to do from here. I have also already gone through and updated drivers to everything in "AMD Radeon Software" because it is supposedly the best option but then switched back to windows device manager recommended drivers, either way the issue still occurs.

DCM Enabled

Color Blocks.jpg

DCM Disabled

No Color Blocks.jpg

  

System Info:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU SKU
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor, 4000 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)

GPU AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT

GPU Driver Version 27.20.2001.13001
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1005, 8/2/2019
SMBIOS Version 3.2
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
BaseBoard Product PRIME X570-P
BaseBoard Version Rev X.0x
Platform Role Desktop
Secure Boot State Off
PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 63.9 GB
Total Physical Memory 63.9 GB
Available Physical Memory 50.6 GB
Total Virtual Memory 72.8 GB
Available Virtual Memory 54.7 GB
Page File Space 8.86 GB

Thanks for your time and special thanks to anyone that can help me figure this out.

TOPICS
Crash, Editing, Error or problem, Export, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is almost always an issue with GPU drivers ... and the two datapoints you left out sadly were your particular GPU and the driver used.

I would add ... using the gamma correction LUT means that on your Mac system, the media will look more like it did within Premiere when viewed outside Premiere ... but that comes at a cost. Your system is not following standards for video media, and that LUT overcomes this for such systems. But of course, it also means that on all systems different from yours, especially if they do more closely follow standards, the image will not be at all like you saw on your system.

Yea, color management is difficult, especially when your system manufacturer chooses an intriguing and "unique" method to select what standards to apply. But as always, color management is really up to each user.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added the info that was missing. Still having issues, again I've updated drivers straight from AMD and gone back to the windows recommended driver, neither work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is bad behavior ... no question there. That is not liking your GPU/driver somehow.

Please post this in complete form over on the UserVoice system, so all this gets directly to the development team. Every post there is read by at least one engineer, and all are collated and passed up to upper managers who decide budgets.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2020 0