Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

display link second monitor latency

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have the Premier Pro version and Display Link

Display link is 3.0 Plugable UD - 3900 -- latest drivers.

Premiere Pro version 14.3.2

Windows 10 version 2004.

The issue I'm having is that if I have any project open in Premier Pro -- doesn't matter if it's already exisiting or newly created -- my second monitor has display latency. It doesn't matter what's running. I have it even if I'm just moving the mouse across the screen.

I'm having a hard time figuring out of this is a display link issue or premiero pro issue -- it's defitnately something with the two working together. If I'm not docked the issue doesn't happen. However the issue doesn't happen if I open premiere pro and no project files.

If you've had the issue and were able to resolve it please let me know what you did?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David5D93,

Sorry about the poor experience. We would need more info to diagnose the issue properly. Please let us know your  system specifications (CPU, GPU & RAM). Also, does this happen if you connect the secondary display to any of the GPU ports (if available)?  Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AMD Ryzen 4800H

GPU is a combination of integrated graphics and Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060 -- two separate cards with one built into the processor.

RAM is 32 GB

I don't have a way of connecting my external monitor outside of the docking station. Hope that helps?

Also my resource consumption when this happens is Very Low, single digit numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something to add, before the updates, I did notice the issue, but it was kind of glitchy. It seemed to not happen if I had no other applications aside from start up applications running (i.e. if file explorer wasn't open, Outlook, Firefox etc.) if those weren't open it would be fine.

I'm sure this is software issue but I'm having a real hard time figuring out if it's on the Adobe side or Display Link side -- hence when I'm reaching out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just realized something, not sure how I missed it before - I apologize - the issue Does happen if I just have Premiere Pro open -- not Just a project file but even if I've only loaded the program itself, and regardless of being the introductory page or nothing but a blank screen where I can open up project files it happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey folks, issue still going on despite a few updates being made to it via Adobe Creative Cloud  update process. Would greatly appreciate any form of feedback?

Here's the odd thing, it doesn't happen All the time it's super random. The best tracking I've been able to find is that it happens Most often if "another program is running." Such as if I have Firefox open. However, if the programs are running in the backgroun only it doesn't seem to affect it. Even then, sometimes it happens.

If it does happen and I restart the machine and then open the program in many cases it opens and the latency doesn't seem to happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines