Highlighted

Display the project item name and label color for all instances

Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I missing where this option is now, as it used to be in the Project Settings? 

While working in the recently updated PPro 14.1.0 with the new Productions (which is a great feature), I see that the option to select "Display the project item name and label color for all instances" has been removed. 

I know this was an issue in Team Projects back when it launched. 

This is such a neccesary feature to keep complex projects organized.  It needs to be put back in.

I think I understand what's happening here. Productions have this checkbox removed from Productions Settings on purpose – the behavior is such that across projects label colors don't sync and so we've removed the checkbox.

I think what you're seeing is that if you have a Production open and also a separate project open, the checkbox will be missing in the Project settings. I can see this on my end. But, the checkbox does still apply. The behavior should work if it was on or off last time.

To work around this for now, if you need to change the setting for that specfic project, close your Production and you'll see the checkbox return.

Topics

Anywhere, Performance, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Display the project item name and label color for all instances

Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I missing where this option is now, as it used to be in the Project Settings? 

While working in the recently updated PPro 14.1.0 with the new Productions (which is a great feature), I see that the option to select "Display the project item name and label color for all instances" has been removed. 

I know this was an issue in Team Projects back when it launched. 

This is such a neccesary feature to keep complex projects organized.  It needs to be put back in.

I think I understand what's happening here. Productions have this checkbox removed from Productions Settings on purpose – the behavior is such that across projects label colors don't sync and so we've removed the checkbox.

I think what you're seeing is that if you have a Production open and also a separate project open, the checkbox will be missing in the Project settings. I can see this on my end. But, the checkbox does still apply. The behavior should work if it was on or off last time.

To work around this for now, if you need to change the setting for that specfic project, close your Production and you'll see the checkbox return.

Topics

Anywhere, Performance, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah... that didn't work.  Screenshot 2020-04-17 at 2.17.35 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there.

I just checked on this and it is available.  Are you running multiple projects / team projects together?  If you could try selecting the Team Project "Project" window first then go into File // Team Project Settings... and see if it displays differently for you?  It should show up on the options tab. 

Please let me know if this takes care of you.

I'll file a bug.
-Nate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe it is a Team Project issue. I will ask around.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, from what I understand is that it was a problem introduced in Team Projects. Something to do with how to "protect" team members from changing someone elses labels without their approval.  I do know that choice (or mis-step) kept some production houses from implementing Teams in their workflow. 

If you could get an answer from an Adobe rep that would be cool.  If you could get it fixed that'd be amazing. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry it took a while.

Feature has been removed from Team Projects intentionally.

Alas cannot fix this for your.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Project17,

My colleague (Nate - he posted here as well) and I are both able to see the "Display the project item name and label color for all instances" in our installations of Premiere Pro 14.1 on both Mac and Windows. I just spent the past 30 minutes testing it out with a combination of local and team projects open and haven't been able to reproduce the problem you are seeing yet.

The screen shot you included looks like you might have a local project selected in Premiere Pro when you went into FILE->Project Settings. The drop-down control at the very top of the dialog is the give away - it lets you switch between open projects (local and team). However, if you had a team project selected and then used the FILE->Team Project Settings... menu item that drop down wouldn't be there. Also note that the menu item changes based on the type of project you have selected. It shows "Project Settings" with an additional flyout menu when a local project is selected and will show "Team Project Settings..." with no flyout menu for a Team Project is selected.

Can you confirm if you do indeed have either a local project open or a combination of local and team projects open that would be good for us to know. We still aren't sure why the check-box to enable the desired option isn't visible for you as that feature is very  much still alive and well in 14.1 for us here.

Feel free to reach out to me directly at mgoshey@adobe.com and we can set up a live call to learn more about what might be going on.

Thanks!

Michael

Sr. Engineering Manager

Adobe Team Projects

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines