Highlighted

Displaying Date and Time Stamp.

Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I own an older Panasonic camera (HVX-200) and I have imported some footage from my P2 card into my computer.

Is there a way to display the date/time stamp and export video with this included?

Thanks

Premiere Pro has no way to turn such metadata on.

Legal work often requires the data to be burned in, which means it's always there and can't be disabled.  That's controlled by a setting on the camera, and there's no way to change it after the shoot.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Displaying Date and Time Stamp.

Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I own an older Panasonic camera (HVX-200) and I have imported some footage from my P2 card into my computer.

Is there a way to display the date/time stamp and export video with this included?

Thanks

Legal work often requires the data to be burned in, which means it's always there and can't be disabled.  That's controlled by a setting on the camera, and there's no way to change it after the shoot.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 20, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the date/time stamp on the video when you play it back in other software, like Quicktime or VLC?

I feel like there has to be a way to do this, so I'll do some research and ask around the office. If not, you can definitely fake it to get a similar effect.

Let me know if the stamp shows up in other software!

Caroline

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 20, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Caroline,

The only time I see the timestamp is when I play it in my camera.  I own 2 Panasonic cameras (HVX-200 and HPX-250).  On the HPX-250 I can choose an option to burn in the date/time stamp but not on the HVX-200.  The other odd thing is I can choose to have the date and time stamp displayed on digital connectors (HDMI/Firewire) on the 250, but this only works on the composite outs on the 200.

I am filming to P2 cards and would love to be able to turn this on and off.

I do legal video work and I cannot fudge the date/time.

I know there was an add on to the old version of Final Cut Pro where you could display "meta-data" including the date/time stamp.

Thanks for your help.

Gary

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 20, 2019 0
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 21, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a bummer.  I know there is an add on you can buy for FCP (the old version) that does this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 25, 2019 0
LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even so, you should check with your municipality.  Like I said, legal work often requires this data to be burned in during recording.  The ability to turn it on and off allows for the possibility of manipulation, and many courts will reject it on that basis.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 26, 2019 0
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar situation with a popular name - Nest Hello Camera clip. On Nest forum, someone said date and time stamp can be shown on Quick Time and VLC Media Player by turning the caption on. I am dissapointed PP wouldn't do so. Here is the link on showing, https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9220856?co=GENIE.Platform%3DiOS&hl=en. I am still research on burning timestamp on the video.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 12, 2020 0