• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Distorted Audio on import

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import my video to the timeline and playback the sound of the video.. it sounds deep and slow and inaccurate. I don't know what went wrong or how to fix it.

I tried opening a new project and importing it again,but it still presented the same problem. Do help.

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

was the material shot on a smart phone or using a screen capture program?  If so, the problem may be that the clips have variable frame rate.  

use mediainfo to determine whether your source is variable or constant frame rate

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

if it's variable use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate

https://handbrake.fr
and here's a tutorial on how to use handbrake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Regardless, tell us your source properti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it sound ok when you play it back in the source viewer? Is it a Stereo clip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's the frame rate of the video and your sequence?  Try this, select the clip in the browser and choose make sequence from clip.  Does it play properly?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having the same issue. Everything was working until a few hours ago when all the videos I am importing from mediocre files downloaded from dropbox, sound okay if I play them from the finder, but in premiere, they sound distorted and slowed down. When I make a sequence from the clip, the issue persists. I have a line of children speaking and they sound like spawns from hell. Any ideas? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

was the material shot on a smart phone or using a screen capture program?  If so, the problem may be that the clips have variable frame rate.  

use mediainfo to determine whether your source is variable or constant frame rate

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

if it's variable use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate

https://handbrake.fr
and here's a tutorial on how to use handbrake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Regardless, tell us your source properties in particular frame rate, codec and audio sampling

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I converted it to H264 using VLC and then it was fine. But good to know
about variable frame rate. I have also been having problems with importing
screen captures -- I think this is something that we can all enjoy with
Premiere Pro 2020. (I recently upgraded and was using screen capture fine
until then...)

--V
[personal info deleted by mod] 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mgrenadier, there is a place in heaven for you right now. You explained my problem, and sent me off for a fix. Thank you SO MUCH.

Katharine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Converting worked for me also, thank you. It's terrible how expensive premiere pro is yet it screws up the audio so bad though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The world has changed and many people now want to work with material that was never considered of professional quality...  Adobe is working on solving this problem, but can't say I blame them for the current situation.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. Have exactly same issues, they play on every player even old ones i.e. windows media player yet not on Premiere!

Jack YouViews

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2023 Jul 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much! Saved me a lot of time. I also used VLC to make a quick conversion and was good to go. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you figured out it was a framerate problem.

I'm in a tough spot myself,  got a Roxio VHS dongle and am importing some old tapes.

Played back in finder via QT or VLC they sound great, but imported into Adobe they are +15 db hot and distored. Of course if I knock the gain down in the editor they are still distorted.  Anyone have any ideas? I don't see a way to adjust audio while recording the video  ...   Please and Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Timothy, you might want to start a new thread.   and when you do, Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and your source properties and sequence settings.  I could be wrong (it happens, everyonceinawhile) but I don't think this will be a difficult problem to solve.    If you can post a small file that has the problem, might help us figure out how to solve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Handbrake worked perfectly! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nashfunk,

Sorry. Check out your audio hardware preferences. Are they set u properly? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar issue, but I've determined it's not frame rate. Even my test tone plays poorly. Something is really wrong. Every audio in Premiere is bad. And only Premiere. Same files in Audition are fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2023 Jul 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this similar issue and wanted to mention a *possible* workaround (worked for my cases) for anyone that would rather not download other software. I opened the video outside of Premiere and exported the audio. After importing the video into Premiere, I unlinked and deleted the associated audio. Then, imported the previously exported audio and with no issues. Hope this helps a future someone 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2023 Jul 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting back @Samantha22158909ce26. I wonder if the audio in question was in the AAC codec. Was this AVCHD footage? Which camera shot this footage? Do you know? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines