Highlighted

Distorted Audio on import

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import my video to the timeline and playback the sound of the video.. it sounds deep and slow and inaccurate. I don't know what went wrong or how to fix it.

I tried opening a new project and importing it again,but it still presented the same problem. Do help.

TOPICS
Audio, Error or problem, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Distorted Audio on import

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import my video to the timeline and playback the sound of the video.. it sounds deep and slow and inaccurate. I don't know what went wrong or how to fix it.

I tried opening a new project and importing it again,but it still presented the same problem. Do help.

TOPICS
Audio, Error or problem, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 22, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it sound ok when you play it back in the source viewer? Is it a Stereo clip?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2019 0
Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's the frame rate of the video and your sequence?  Try this, select the clip in the browser and choose make sequence from clip.  Does it play properly?  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having the same issue. Everything was working until a few hours ago when all the videos I am importing from mediocre files downloaded from dropbox, sound okay if I play them from the finder, but in premiere, they sound distorted and slowed down. When I make a sequence from the clip, the issue persists. I have a line of children speaking and they sound like spawns from hell. Any ideas? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

was the material shot on a smart phone or using a screen capture program?  If so, the problem may be that the clips have variable frame rate.  

use mediainfo to determine whether your source is variable or constant frame rate

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

if it's variable use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate

https://handbrake.fr
and here's a tutorial on how to use handbrake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Regardless, tell us your source properties in particular frame rate, codec and audio sampling

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I converted it to H264 using VLC and then it was fine. But good to know
about variable frame rate. I have also been having problems with importing
screen captures -- I think this is something that we can all enjoy with
Premiere Pro 2020. (I recently upgraded and was using screen capture fine
until then...)

--V
www.victorialinchong.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0