Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DJI d-cinelike .mov stuttering when rendered

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May 7, 2021. Mac Pro, 128gb ram

My Footage seems to be fine when reviewing the files but when playing back within the sequence the footage struggle to play smoothly. I have tried all the basics, reduce to 1/8 quality, clear cashe, replace clip, and many others. After a Render of In and Out points, the footage gets worse some freeze entirely other play a little and stop. It is only the drone footage from a DJI Mavic Pro 2 in D-cinelike. It seems like premiere suddenly has a problem with this. I export the project out in Media Encoder and the project exported fine. When exporting in Premiere the same stuttering occurs at each drone clip. Anyone else experiencing this. I am about to revert to previous premiere version, which worked fine, and see if I can get through this project without and further delays due to software. 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export , Formats , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

The latest update has corrected this issue 15.2.0. Footage is now like butter. 

The problem was on verison 15.1.0  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same problem. DJI Mavic Air 2. D-Cinelike 29,9 FPS in 4K.
Media Encoder works for me too, but stutters in premiere.
Wouldnt be an issue, but Media Encoder stopped working since the last update (wont start).
Adobe help!

(Installed all recent driver, freshly installed all applications)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Odd frame rates of the footage changes if I change the sequence settings too.  The source footage in the project panel displays a  97fps when I have a sequence at 24fps. Yet, returns to 30fps when I change the sequence to 30fps. There is something going on in Premiere with how these DJI D-Cinelike drone clips are being processed. 

But the footage looks great when colored. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest update has corrected this issue 15.2.0. Footage is now like butter. 

The problem was on verison 15.1.0  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mhh strange, yesterday I already had 15.2 and it was not smooth. Rendered again today and it works. Guess its the usual adobe vodoo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines