Highlighted

Do I need files to be on local drives?

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me if I need the media files, that I will be importing, to be on a local drive, such as a C drive?
Can the files exist on a cloud-based drive and be copied (when in use) to the same drive?

Many thanks

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Do I need files to be on local drives?

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me if I need the media files, that I will be importing, to be on a local drive, such as a C drive?
Can the files exist on a cloud-based drive and be copied (when in use) to the same drive?

Many thanks

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best is to have a dedicated local drive (not being the bootdrive).

Media files stored in the cloud are fine for backup but not for editing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can keep your media on any drive you want as long as Premiere has access to them (otherwise you'll see "Media Offline" message in the Program Monitor.

Ideally, you want to keep media on a separate drive. I keep everything on an external portable SSD (all media). I use these:

http://www.photovideobeat.com/super-fast-tiny-samsung-t5-ssd/

They're fantastic and super fast.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2020 0