• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do not update to 14.3.2 / GPU Issues & Lag

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe decided it would update my software to 14.3.2, only to create horrible dropped frames and laggy playback whenever an effect or color was applied, basically anything that utilized the GPU.

14.3.2 does not work in harmony with my 1080 Ti. Rolled back one version and everything is fine.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe decided it would update my software to 14.3.2.

Adobe did not decide. You let it update it by checking the setting for auto update in the CC desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, it's not 14.3.2 that has issues. This lag is actually caused by an update to the Creative Cloud desktop app. And Adobe decides to issue an "Unsupported video driver" warning to all drivers older than 451.77 across all Creative Cloud apps (and sometimes with no direct warning to the user) because Adobe found major issues in testing with several older driver versions in several other Creative Cloud apps.

And this lag also greatly affects all older versions of Premiere Pro, not just 14.3.2. The Creative Cloud desktop app update, which is required to update to any forthcoming newer versions of any Creative Cloud app, once it flags older driver versions such as 442.19 as "Unsupported," will automatically disable hardware encoding and CUDA GPU acceleration in Premiere Pro with no warning whatsoever. Prior to the Creative Cloud desktop app update, hardware acceleration worked.

All currently available versions of Premiere Pro, not just 14.3.2, are affected by this.

And I stated this because a couple of users rolled back to an older version with absolutely no improvement whatsoever. Worse, the very same version that worked for them now no longer worked properly after the update to the Creative Cloud desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines