• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does any one know if Premiere Pro has a 'Screen Recording' facility

New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to record a training video for a client and they want part of it to show how to use their client management software, so I'll need to record the computer screen while they are demonstrating the software.  Does any one know if Premiere Pro has a 'Screen Recording' facility

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Short answer is no.

Try https://camstudio.org/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short answer is no.

Try https://camstudio.org/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ann for your prompt reply. I've just spent over an hour searching through P Pro menus etc trying to find where a recorder would be and couldn't find anything. If they don't do it, that's why I couldn't find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They certainley shgould have, but they don't. I use my MAC screen capture and then import it in Premier Pro. SHOULD NOT have to do that. It's a big oversight by Adobe, one that frustrates me on a daily basis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere is a Non-Linear Editor, not a screen capture program: big difference.

For comparison

You are on a Mac: can you screencapture with FCP?

https://www.adobe.com/products/captivate/screen-recording.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Disagreed... it's not an oversight. Premiere Pro is intended for editing footage, not creating it. Premiere Pro only imports and edits clips that were created by another device. The developers threw the users a bone by allowing us to record voiceovers directly into the timeline but that is as much clip creation as you're going to get in an editing app. Same reason your camera doesn't edit video, it just creates raw clips. Everything does its own job.

On Windows, I sometimes use the Xbox Game Bar screen recorder for simple things (built into the OS). But if you use it, make sure you convert it to CFR with Handbrake or Shutter Encoder before editing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For PC Based machines I recommend OBS Studio. Small learning curve, but the cost of $0.00 makes up for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines