• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does anyone know if CUDA (macOS) is supported in the latest release of Premiere Pro (2020 14.0.0)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to 2020 and I no longer have the option to select cuda in the video rendering and playback setting.

Thanks,

John

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Starting with Premiere Pro 14.0, CUDA is no longer supported on Mac.  If you have an Apple supplied NVIDIA GPU, you can use the Metal Renderer.

More information:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/drivers-video-macos-nvidia.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works for me. I am using Windows 10, Nvidia 1060 card (6 gb memory). Best if you post your computer specs, then others may weigh in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a old mac pro (2010)  2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6134 MB. HD is Solid State OWC Accelsior PCIe 6G.

Yes, I know this is a  old mac but it has been running like a champ on PP 2019. 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

As I understand it, yes, this is the case. I'll see if I can get an official knowledge base document created. I do feel bad for all my friends running NVIDIA hardware on legacy Macs. I also am in that predicament.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Looks like I'll be running 2019 until I upgrade my machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting with Premiere Pro 14.0, CUDA is no longer supported on Mac.  If you have an Apple supplied NVIDIA GPU, you can use the Metal Renderer.

More information:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/drivers-video-macos-nvidia.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

is this truw for Windows as well or is only Mac affected?

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only Mac. CUDA is still supported on Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone should add "MAC" or such to the title of this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"So let it be written. So let it be done.""So let it be written. So let it be done.""So let it be written. So let it be done."

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin! 

And 1000 years later, they were still storing the edited masters on clay and stone!

When Cyrus overthrew Babylon. c539 BCE

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone elaborate on the reason why CUDA is no longer supported on mac? 

CUDA have 4 times as fast speeds working with .r3d raw files in premiere, than any other driver. It is a huge loss to no longer have this incorporation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact no one answered your question is your answer. I agree CUDA on legacy MACs was working just fine until the latest Adobe Prem release. I am not familar with using Metal but due to greatly reduced perfomance since using metal (plus I'm not sure it's doing the NVIDIA hardware any good either) and my system reboots almost as many times in one 24 hour period as my old Windows NT non-linear system did back in 1999 I'll be rolling my Prem back to 2019 and back to CUDA...for now! Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If Nvidia would sell their own computers I would buy it from them. I need cuda more than Mac to edit on adobe premiere. So I guess I will be buying a pc to keep on editing with the nvidia cuda speed needed. 

Crazy move from apple.  Really crazy move. because there is no alternative that works.

Well keep it going slow there at apple base. 

Kind greetings to all suffering this same issue.

Michiel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines