Highlighted

Does exporting frame from timeline is a sync process?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, 

I'm bulding a PPro panel, I doing an export of a frame from a sequence using the command:

1. some line of code..

2. activeSequence.exportFrameJPEG(<timecode>, <path_to_export_frame>)
3. another line of code..

my question is - after this command is executed and the program moves to the next line of code (line 3), do I have a guarantee that the frame is aleady saved and the file is now ready for a read action?

I'm asking because I had some issues reading from that file right after I exported it, but when I used some delay (~400-500ms) before reading it, I noticed that I can read the file just fine.

thanks

Topics

Export, SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Does exporting frame from timeline is a sync process?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, 

I'm bulding a PPro panel, I doing an export of a frame from a sequence using the command:

1. some line of code..

2. activeSequence.exportFrameJPEG(<timecode>, <path_to_export_frame>)
3. another line of code..

my question is - after this command is executed and the program moves to the next line of code (line 3), do I have a guarantee that the frame is aleady saved and the file is now ready for a read action?

I'm asking because I had some issues reading from that file right after I exported it, but when I used some delay (~400-500ms) before reading it, I noticed that I can read the file just fine.

thanks

Topics

Export, SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From my observation, exportFrameJPEG() consits of two parts:
- exporting frame, sync process.
- creating (writing) file, async process.

After export you still need to check if file was created in your system.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No guarantees.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines