Highlighted

Does Premiere Pro 2020 work on Catalina?

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started running Creative Cloud on a 2015 MacBook Pro I just got a hold of (running 2.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 / 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3). The OS is Catalina 10.15.6. My hard drive has 775gbs available.

I have been trying to edit video on Premiere Pro 2020, but the performance is terrible. At first I thought maybe it was the size of the video files and even when I rendered the files down to 1920x1080, Premiere is super sluggish and it's almost impossible to edit.

Is this an OS issue?
Are there Premiere settings or preferences I need to reset?

I need to get going on this project and I've been wasting time trying to figure out what the issue is.

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Does Premiere Pro 2020 work on Catalina?

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started running Creative Cloud on a 2015 MacBook Pro I just got a hold of (running 2.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 / 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3). The OS is Catalina 10.15.6. My hard drive has 775gbs available.

I have been trying to edit video on Premiere Pro 2020, but the performance is terrible. At first I thought maybe it was the size of the video files and even when I rendered the files down to 1920x1080, Premiere is super sluggish and it's almost impossible to edit.

Is this an OS issue?
Are there Premiere settings or preferences I need to reset?

I need to get going on this project and I've been wasting time trying to figure out what the issue is.

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 04, 2020 0

Have something to add?