Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

does Premiere pro supports Cinema DNG files from Digma FP

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have purchased sigma FP and unfortunately I have not seen this camera in the supported Cameras list, nor I saw the format of Cinema DNG in the list of the supported format extentions.

I saw it support cinema DNG from Blackmagic, however, but what does it mean for Sigma's files? Not sure.

If it does not support it, what do you recomend as a workaround, if at all possible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a good question. I've also seen this done with Blackmagic DNG files like you mention. You said that you purchased the camera; do you have access to it right now to try? I would assume that the process would be the same as importing Blackmagic DNG file (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8-fRxitxwQ), but I could be wrong. It would be nice if someone with the Sigma FP could hop in on this post to confirm 'yes' or 'no.' But if not, I suppose you have the opportunity to test this for yourself and let the community know what you discover.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopping on to say no it does not work for me. Looking for a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've just tried what you suggested (see my post above). it doesn't work for Sigma FP DNG files. For the Black Magic RAW I had to install Black RAW 1.5 (plug-in from BMRAW in Avid and Premiere) from the BMD website here https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/ to get Premiere to view and import my BRAW files. Before, it didn't even see the BRAW files in their folders at all - floders were shown empty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

* Black Magic RAW 1.5 plugin sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I have also done this as well, pretty much a year ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CinemaDNG format was dropped due to licensing issues and disputes. And only a few cameras were built to use it to begin with, so sadly support for that format was never great and is now nearly non-existent.

The BMRAW works beautifully, though. I had massive and continual headaches with the freebie plugin from BM, so I finally tried the Autokroma BMRAW plugin. It just works, and has options for saving presets and other things. I went ahead and paid for it for those reasons.

And the Autokroma staffers provide all the direct-vendor support on this forum, even when it's helping users of the BM plugin.. I really appreciate that firm.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aww sorry to hear that. Just checking, are you in a 2020 version, and it doesn't work?

Would you mind filing a request for it here: https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html, and then posting a URL for your feature request back onto this page (that way people can see it and vote for it)? 

I'm going to do some digging and see if I can find others who have experienced this. Got an idea for you to try: does it work in After Effects? The reason I was wondering is because After Effects has Camera Raw support like Photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called in to talk to a someone about it and had them file a request. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects sees the CDNG file as individual Camera RAW pictures/frames from the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

I think User Voice is where the Adobe engineers look for bug reports, enhancement requests, etc. I'm wondering if they use the 'wish' for at all any more? I think you should post it to User Voice using the link above.

The urgency for bug reports or new features can be judged by how many of us users upvote the requests. You can search for similar requests using the search feature at the lower right. It's best to upvote a request that has some traction (votes) already, and you can upvote and reply to that thread. If you don't find one the matches your request, then enter a new one. Regardless, post a link back here so those seeing this thread can upvote also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, my bad. MyerPj is right. Sorry about that. Ignore my link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've just tried importing a Sigma FP cinema DNG file to Adobe Premiere and it says "File Import Failure" (see attached screenshot). It does see it as a single file, like it does the BRAW, but can't generate the preview or import it. As a work around you can import it in DaVinci Resolve and export it as an AppleProRes 4:4:4:4 and import it in Premiere. Check out your export options for the free davinci version here https://flavioggarcia.com/2018/04/24/davinci-resolve-free-version-limitations/, also I'm not sure if you can use the camera raw. See the other attachment for the settings you should use to get the flattest look for your DNG.sigma davinci.pngsigma unsupported cdng premiere.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I recommend to use slim raw. It works for me.
PPro 2023
Just be sure to checkmark/enable/ run checksums and "run verification pass" options.
It works with clean plain "Losless" transcode mode.
Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines