• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dolby Audio Decoder missing after Premiere CC 2018 (V12) update

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to the most recent version of Premiere: CC 2018 from Creative Cloud.

When I opened a project I had been working on earlier today that has some .ac3 tracks on some of the sequences, those tracks are redded out and I now get an error message "Missing Dolby Audio Encoder." I get the same message when I try to import .ac3 files into the updated Audition program.

I have been using Premiere CC for several years, have installed all the updates & never had this problem before.

I have an individual (not Enterprise) Subscription on Windows 7.  I ran CC Cleaner Registry check after the install.  It cleared up some paths, but didn't fix this issue.

Please help.  I am up against a deadline!

Wsquared

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Adobe Creative Cloud has moved to native Operating System (OS) support for Dolby Digital decoding (reading Dolby files) and is no longer providing support for encoding (writing) Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital Plus sound formats in the current and future releases of Creative Cloud.

Adobe Creative Cloud apps use native OS support for Dolby

Adobe recommends that you update to the latest version of your Creative Cloud softwareand updating to a more secure operating system (Windows 10 preferred). If

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 326 Replies 326
LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2019 Jun 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd much rather use a Mac than Windows 10

OK, if you're going to be irrational...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2019 Jun 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Jim, Neil and PDT.

Win 10 is actually very good. I waited quite awhile. When I built a new rig in 2017 I was going to stick with Win7 but thought I'd play with Win10 on the new rig. Once I put 'Classic Start Menu' on here and a few other items, and to squash the telemetry of not only Windows but Nvidia and sorted some other minor issues, it's great and I've been recommending it to my clients since end of 2017.

Like Neil said, there isn't much that different. A few items are buried and take an extra click or two, but for the most part, those are known and someone has developed a quick way to work with it and provided it free.

Win7 was good. XP was good. W10 is good also...

BTW: I started using Classic Start Menu with win7 to get the XP feel back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines