• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dolby Audio support for Windows 7

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of CC 2018 and newer, Premiere Pro relies on native OS Dolby decoding. However, this feature is only available on Windows 8 and newer.

I need Dolby Audio decoding right now. Upgrading my OS to Windows 8 or 10 is not an option. What can I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

For Adobe, if you're still running Windows 7, one of the only choices that you have for Dolby decoding support is to purchase the full $595-plus-tax version of the Minnetonka Surcode for Dolby Digital Plus. The $295 version for Adobe users is an encoder only and will not decode.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Find a place to buy the decoder

I don't use Dolby, but I think your need is discussed somewhere in these LONG message threads

No more Dolby export https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2396890

-read https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2413891 for information on previous versions being removed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there really no other option than to buy the decoder. Audacity and VLC both support playing back Dolby Audio and both are free (and open-source).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Adobe, if you're still running Windows 7, one of the only choices that you have for Dolby decoding support is to purchase the full $595-plus-tax version of the Minnetonka Surcode for Dolby Digital Plus. The $295 version for Adobe users is an encoder only and will not decode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if wespend this money - after already forking out $300 for the Adobe plugin for Premiere - will I be able to import a blasted AC3 file into PPro on Windows 7?

There is absolutely no way on God's earth I am going anywhere near the mess that is Windows 10 because I will lose far too much hardware & software I require on a daily basis that will not run on W10 because the developers went broke. Being forced to constantly 'update' (it is not an upgrade and I loathe that word) is nothing less than planned obsolescence. Someone should tell these people making these decisions that the world economy is on it's knees right now & tossing out $$$'s of software & hardware plus getting a new NLE built is not an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No. The $300 plugin will only encode. Decoding must still rely on the native app/OS support. In the case of Windows 7, then the $300 plugin is not the right one at all. You need to purchase the full $600 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines