• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

don't export SRT anymore

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after last update Premiere Pro dont export SRT file anymore.

i tried using FILE -> EXPORT -> sidecar (i have just audio and video file, no srt)

i tried using new TEXT TAB, subtitles -> export SRT. open file dialog box but no srt file after 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TEXT TAB, subtitles -> export SRT - works for me and seems to be the proper way to do this in the new captions workflow. Is it a subtitle track you have created from scratch or is it from an imported SRT?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's work, wasnt export because at begin was a empty subtitle, i was used to create this for sync. i removed and export was correct

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, couldnt solve it yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check if in Your subtitles do you have some empty one or something else can be a "error". I just think they forgot a error check and if it's a error just don't make the file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are 2 methods for exporting, for example, .srt. One is, as Mike describes, in the Text Panel, using the 3 dots icon, direct export of .srt. Note that this does NOT give you the option of excluding styling commands. Also, one user indicates that the timecode are different than if exporting using this next method.

The second method is the tranditional Ctrl-M (File -> Export Media) and selecting sidecar from the Captions tab. This allows exclusing styling commands from .srt.

Edit: this second method requires you to select audio, video, or both in order to export.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, both those methods do not work. The srt simply is. not created. just spend about two hours demonstrating it to a customer service person, by sharing screen. Nothing helped... yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Renato, thanks for responding. Can you provide a screenshot of your Timeline, Program Monitor, and Text Panel?

Also, what OS? This working for me on Win10.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see nothing odd. I would file a bug report.

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, i thought its a bug. But this means ill have to wait untill the next version to get my srt file done? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could mean waiting for a bug fix release. I'm still brain-storming workarounds, but I don't see one yet.

Can you export a text file from the Text Panel?

Did you create these captions in PR, or did you import an srt?

Did you keep PR 2020 installed when you updated to PR 2021? You can install it if not.

I just did two tests to see if a PR 2021 project with captions can be rolled back to PR 2020 with the captions intact. My tests say no. The official revert method is to export (from 2021) to FCPX/XML. It opens in PR 2020, but there are no captions. The unofficial method is to modify the project file flag to version 1, then open with PR 2020. It opens, but again, without captions.

This is not surprising; captions in 2021 are not video clips, and they use an entirely new track type.

Finally I would use the "call a friend" method. Perhpas another Mac user (or PC?) could open your project file and export the srt? I don't think the media is needed. I cannot yet confirm it, but I suspect the text is in the project file. Perhaps not...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your efforts Stan, is very important for me.

I also cant export just one text file from the Text Panel.

And yes, i created these captions in PR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called a friend, he will try on a windows version. I will let you know if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pietro, thanks for posting what you thought worked.

I can only partially duplicate it.

If I create a caption track and add no captions, I can "save srt" from the Text Panel. There is no error, and there is no file.

But one empty caption, or an empty caption as caption one with other okay captions - it actually saves a file.

The file might create an error, because PR in the past would choke on an srt with an extra empty line.

So still a mystery to me!

Stan 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new caption workflow is a freaking godsend. Yay Adobe! Those srt exports are still a little tricky. I just leaned that if you have an empty caption box, or whatever the sequence icon is called that contains each caption, and export you get a zero byte srt file, no matter how many of the follwing captions contain text. In other words delete text file from the sequence, not just the text out of the box. And there is something going on with timecode formats. I think if your sequence is non-dropframe there is no option for exporting an srt. Maybe someone with more experience can elaborate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ShaneKing,

Good questions. Each individual caption is a "segment."

Correct; a segment with no text (or the "<Type you caption here>" placeholder) will result in an srt export problem. Sometimes, it may export the file up to that point.

You said: "In other words delete text file from the sequence, not just the text out of the box." More correctly, delete the SEGMENT from the Caption Track, not just the text out of the segment.

Re: " if your sequence is non-dropframe there is no option for exporting an srt." I don't think that is true, but there are a lot of combinations. Screenshot of what you are seeing?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Stan,

Here's a shot showing the export options with no option for srt. And a shot of the sequence settings. I was able to copy and paste the content into another sequence, retrascribe and the srt option came back, but it would be great to know why that worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "export to srt" is in the 3 dot drop down menu of the Captions tab (of the Text Panel). You are in the Transcript tab.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha! Wrong tab! That's much esier than creating a new sequence!

Thanks Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If all our problems were so simple!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kunjungi Segera Iruang

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines