Double motion issue with 2020 premiere and beyond

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, myself and a few editiors working on sport in Australia have noticed that when premeire pro 2020 was introduced it caused our footage to "separate" on high motion shots and leave a doubling motion shadow style effect.

When I first saw it I thought it must be a field order problem so I changed that to prgressive, upper, lower etc but it was still there. A collegue of mine noticed the issue wasn't there in 2019 Premiere so we just figured it was something that would get sorted out in updates and all would be well but it's still an issue.

A few other things I noticed is that the files also separate in quicktime player but are fine in VLC so maybe its an OS issue?

The raw files we use are massive but have exported out a clip and still so you can see the issue. We found different file formats, rewrapping didn't help the issue anyway.

I have 2 large sports docos to export soon (sound and grade all done in premiere) and I created everything in 2020 so can't go backwards with that project to 2019 (is that still true?) I need to find an answer to this issue in the next month even if it only helps with final export.

Any help would be great

Warren

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Please insert your images into your post so we don't have to download unknown files.
  • Please use the free analysis tool MediaInfo to examine your raw footage and let us know the frame size, frame rate, codec, bit rate, interlaced or progressive, and whether or not the footage is variable frame rate.
  • If it's really high velocity motion across the frame that's causing the problem, have you checked the shutter speed of your camera?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparantly I can't upload the video that way but the still should give an indication. It isn't a camera issue as it's all professional broadcast footage and we've been using it for years without issue until 2020 adobe

BBL09_20200108_M27_STRvSIX_MELT.mp4
Type: MPEG Movie
File Size: 5.28 GB
Image Size: 1920 x 1080
Frame Rate: 25.00
Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - Compressed - Stereo
Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo
Total Duration: 00:36:29:19
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0
Alpha: None
Video Codec Type: MP4/MOV H.264 4:2:0

DH_Khan Hatty_V1.00_07_54_24.Still001.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks a lot like what happens when you take a 25fps video and display it on a 50 Hz monitor/tv without motion interpolation.

I assume the 25fps source video is interlaced? If you are deinterlacing it for delivery, please try using Maximum Render Quality on export from Pr (if you're not doing that already).

If the source footage isn't interlaced, then what are your export settings, please?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for you replies Jeff. I think the attached still will better illustrate the issue and why I think it's adobe version specific. I installed Premiere CC 2019 on my imac to run alongside Premiere CC 2020.

So the below is a screen shot of the source monitors of both. same frame. same clip. same monitor. different Premiere version.

Screen Shot 2020-12-24 at 10.01.58 am.png

Whatever settings I export will contain this issue in Premiere 2020 but will look fine in Premiere 2019.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
warrend93886761 AUTHOR LATEST
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed I had the toggle proxy button activated in the 2020 version but that didn't make a difference as there aren't any proxies for that clip

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yicky. that looks ugly ( the shadow thing ).

You might be using the word RAW incorrectly.. where you really mean " SOURCE".

Some giant media hollywood tycoon recently got put in jail for thinking actors ( especially girls ) were RAW rather than the source of his success, and real people.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might be surprised to contemplate the meaning of words and basic communication. One day I was on a film set and some young black guy ( a brother in grip dept. ) called me 'dog'. I grabbed him by the neck and shook him and yelled, " Don't you EVER call me a dog !"

His eyes rolled and he yammered, " But, It's a GOOD THING ! "

For about 20 years I've been trying to get in touch with that guy and apologize.

maybe pet him.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines