• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

downgrade of bitrate while using wireless headphone

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi all, my name is Mahesh. i use windows 10 laptop and sony wh-ch510 wireless bluetooth headphones while editing videos. but the bitrate downgrades automatically and i dont understand how to edit the audio. when i export the project and play the video in windows media player it sounds completly different to the sound of project i worked on. i dont know how to solve the issue. i specially bought these headphones for video editing but can not enjoy them using them on prermier pro. can anyone help?

TOPICS
Editing , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've not "great" skills in the audio part of editing, but I get by. I've read through many articles and been through demos of how to work audio ... and the decent audio folks ALL say you simply cannot edit audio while using headphones or earbuds and get what you expect. You must use external speakers, and of course, the better quality of the speakers the more reliable the quality of your work becomes.

So ... this may be inherent in using the 'phones.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil, don't agree with that at all...  Very useful to do a pass with headphones on (albeit decent headphones - certainly not earbuds).  You hear things that you might not hear otherwise.  but of course, a set of good external speakers is also important...  And in an ideal world your computer with it's fans etc would be in another room and you wouldn't be bothered by fan noise, but it is not at least in my studio an ideal world.  Ah for the days when we went in to a dedicated audio studio to "sweeten" the sound.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've got what, 10 different headphones at least still laying around? Some useful for say travel listening, one good for field recording work, and a couple good ones that one supposedly could use for audio work. I got those because I wanted to try and edit my audio with them. First one, then a more expensive set when the first didn't cut it.

The sound via phones is very different ... and yes, you're right, some things you can 'catch' easier with phones, but they also exaggerate other things compared to standard speakers.

After I got the better headphones, I used them to work on a tutorial I made. It merited an immediate reply from 'the boss'. "Neil ... I think you set your sound via headphones, go back and redo the sound using regular speakers."

I didn't have 'great' speakers, but yes, setting the sound by them was different than by a relatively much better set of headphones. And vastly preferred upon delivery, by someone checking the sound with a full Dolby Atmos system.

So yea, there's times when headphones gotta make do. But ... one needs to know the limitations of the gear, right?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines