Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag and drop in Project folder

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I currently have the problem that I cannot move items in the project folder to other folders. I can still drag clips into a timeline. But not into another Project-panel or folder. I am working with 14.5.0 Build 51 under Windows 10

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

After the current Buxfix from Adobe this error was fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel your pain, same thing here running PPro 14.5 on current windows.  I thought I was losing my mind not being able to drag and drop stuff in the project/biun panels.  I just re-installed PPro 14.4 build 38 and all works as expected.

Watch a little Adobe Max last week and forgot rule ONE... Always run atleast one version behind the most current version of mission critical software, I ain't got no time to beta test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switch to List view rather than Thumbs view to be able to move things between bins. They've a bug they're working on for fixing this at the moment. After you've moved things, you can set your bins back to Thumbs view to see contents.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hm that's not working here. I have seen a different workarround. Where you have to switch to one of the default workspaces. Then it works again. Even if you go back to your own workspace. But you have to do that every time you start Premiere. But I have the feeling that the program becomes unstable. Therefore this is not a satisfying solution for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my rigs, both desktop & laptop, I can change the Project panel to list view, and move things around as normally for list view. And I can set a bin for thumbs view so I can see contents.

Annoying but not killing. Will be good to have that fixed though.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use an default workspace? I create a workspace for 4 Monitors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also read this yesterday and tried it out. I just have to do this procedure every time I start Premiere. This is not a satisfying solution for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And they're working on the fix for it.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elwood,

I use both a laptop with a single screen, and my editing suite which has three screens.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried out your suggested solution with me. It does not work for me. I do not know why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working for me either unfortunately, really annoying to not be able to drag assets into my project and have to hunt everything down thru import.  Hope a fix comes soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, drag/drop into Project from Finder/Explorer while possible is not ... wise. You can oft miss some of the metadata getting properly placed in Premiere's databases. If you're doing that, well ... that comes with its own problems.

Second ... yea, not being able to drag/drop between Project panel and bins is a royal pain. But you can go into list view, and opening bins and drag/drop do work then. And take your bins back into thumb view to work. Hoping the fix is soon.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting preferences and/or reseting your workspace?
Reset your preferences by holding shift+alt (or option) when you launch Premiere

Otherwise, swith to a different view in your project panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reset my workspace and switch to other views... both ar not working also reseting the preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So with the project panel in List view, you can' twirl down bins, drag/drop to them?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After the current Buxfix from Adobe this error was fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines