• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dragging Clips from Bin to Sequence

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoping someone can help! I've been using Premiere Pro for about 5 years now and I am having a strange problem that I've not seen previously. For my sanity, I've organized my b-roll footage and interviews into various labeled bins. From my bins, I highlight the .mov clips and drag them over to my timeline/sequence. For example, I might highlight a series of 20 - 50 interview clips and drag them over. However, when I look at the clips in the timeline, they don't drag over in the proper order. I want them to drag over in the order in which they were shot so that all of one interview appears in sequence (in the recording order). I want all of "interview a" to appears in the sequence. . . then interview b. . . then interview c, d, e, etc. . . Make sense?

However, when I drag clips over after highlighting them, I'm realizing that they get out of order. The interview of person c might appear in between clips of another interview. It's very strange and causes me to miss interview clips. I hadn't had this trouble previously. Can someone give me some good advance for making sure my clips drag over in the proper shooting order? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure the clips are both sorted and selected chronologically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your suggestion. I believe I have been doing exactly that. I have selected that the clips appear chronologically by clicking the clip "name" on the bin. I highlight them from top to bottom (with the first clips shot at the top and the last clips shot at the bottom). Most of the clips appear in order once they appear in the sequence. It's usually just a few clips that appear out of order and I don't see any logical reason for it.

Another thing that I have recently noticed is that when I highlight clips inside a bin some of them don't always highlight. If I highlight the clips a bit slower usually I can get 100% of them to highlight. But...if I highlight 100 clips quickly it might sometimes read "___ of 100 items selected" and it's not the full number. I have to watch my highlighting very carefully to make sure that all clips are selected. I use to never have any issues with this.

I'm perplexed. Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have many times found that I can push the buttons faster than PP can respond.  I think the only thing to do is slow down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2017 Apr 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It depends on how you select (shift) or highlight.

If you start at the bottom the last clip will come in as the first clip.

If you ctrl select e.g. 1,3,2,6,4, etc order that is how they will appear on the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines