Highlighted

Dragging title from Essential Graphics panel does not shift clips to the right

Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.

I am new to Adobe Premiere Pro 2020 CC (actually, new to Adobe software). I am using Windows 10.

I am following the inbuilt tutorials. One showed an animation whereby the title is dragged from the Essential Graphics panel to the beginning of the video track V1, and this causes the other video clips already there to be shifted to the right. Basically the title snaps before the first video clip and this causes all clips to be shifted to the right to make room for the title. This is what the tutorial shows should happen.

But when I drag the title (while pressing Control key) and it snaps into place before the first video clip, it overlays most of the first video clip (the title box sits on top of the first video clip box) instead of making the video clips shift to the right. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dragging title from Essential Graphics panel does not shift clips to the right

Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.

I am new to Adobe Premiere Pro 2020 CC (actually, new to Adobe software). I am using Windows 10.

I am following the inbuilt tutorials. One showed an animation whereby the title is dragged from the Essential Graphics panel to the beginning of the video track V1, and this causes the other video clips already there to be shifted to the right. Basically the title snaps before the first video clip and this causes all clips to be shifted to the right to make room for the title. This is what the tutorial shows should happen.

But when I drag the title (while pressing Control key) and it snaps into place before the first video clip, it overlays most of the first video clip (the title box sits on top of the first video clip box) instead of making the video clips shift to the right. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 15, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind, after trying for the 10th or so time, it finally works as expected. 😕

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 15, 2020 1