• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drone video crashing Premiere Pro (and Media Encoder)

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! So I'm trying to integrate footage from my Mavic Mini into a piece I'm editing in Premiere. Nothing new here. But the 1.37 GB clip can't be brought into Premiere or Encoder. It freezes the programs and I need to force quit or force quit and restart my system. I've also tried duplicating the clip and importing the duplicated clip. Please help!!!!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possible file corruption of some sort? Got the original card it was recorded on? - try copying the original file off the card again ... and copy the whole folder structure rather than just the individual clip.

Failing that - does the clip play from your desktop in VLC or other video player?

If it does you may need to try another app to convert the clip before importing into Premiere Pro.

i.e. Handbrake, VLC, Uniconverter

Uniconverter (paid app) is my goto for any problem files and can convert to almost anything. I think the trial version will convert 30 seconds (or add a watermark) so you can test it first.

However Handbrake is free and may also do the job. VLC can also do limited conversion but it's not very intuitive (great player though).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2024 Jan 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been fighting this problem for a while. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2024 Jan 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Converting the clip to a edit friendly codec is the way to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines