Highlighted

Drop in frame rate/latency issue

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all! I've been having a latency issue with Adobe, and I am wondering if it is at all possible to fix...here's some background:

I film with two cameras, and I tend to saturate and make the colors brighter. The issue is not during the editing, but rather after exporting. It seems that my second camera, and only some clips, have a drop in frames and the picture has latency, although the sound is fine. I don't think it's the camera (if it was, you would think it would be happening with every clip), but I am open to some suggestions. To show you what I mean, I have included a video link to watch so you can get an idea...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGQ51xizW9c 

Go to 5:43 and 8:32 to get an idea (both shots are with the same camera). Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Topics

Editing, Export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Drop in frame rate/latency issue

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all! I've been having a latency issue with Adobe, and I am wondering if it is at all possible to fix...here's some background:

I film with two cameras, and I tend to saturate and make the colors brighter. The issue is not during the editing, but rather after exporting. It seems that my second camera, and only some clips, have a drop in frames and the picture has latency, although the sound is fine. I don't think it's the camera (if it was, you would think it would be happening with every clip), but I am open to some suggestions. To show you what I mean, I have included a video link to watch so you can get an idea...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGQ51xizW9c 

Go to 5:43 and 8:32 to get an idea (both shots are with the same camera). Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Topics

Editing, Export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does not say which type of cameras but

If the footage is variable framerate convert to constant framerate with Handbrake before bringing into Premiere.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For my stationary camera, I use a Canon Vixia HF R70 (that one had no latency issue), and my other camera, a Canon Powershot SX510HS is the one that sometimes has the lag issue. I don't think it has variable frame rate (can't adjust it with the Powershot, I've looked at the manual)...but it could. Thanks for your suggestion. May I ask what handbrake is?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines