Dropped a clip on the timeline, stuck with hand/no-sign icon

Participant ,
Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried dragging a clip from the source window onto the timeline, and it froze.

The cursor is stuck looking like a clutched hand with a 'no' sign (circle with a line through it).

Task Manager says it is still working, but the program is frozen.

Would have been much more useful if I could drop clips into the middle of a timeline without writing over/erasing the clips already there.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dropped a clip on the timeline, stuck with hand/no-sign icon

Participant ,
Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried dragging a clip from the source window onto the timeline, and it froze.

The cursor is stuck looking like a clutched hand with a 'no' sign (circle with a line through it).

Task Manager says it is still working, but the program is frozen.

Would have been much more useful if I could drop clips into the middle of a timeline without writing over/erasing the clips already there.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 09, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most common 'issue' is not source patching the tracks.

source patching.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 09, 2018 1
Participant ,
Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I will look into this. Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 09, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has started happening to me and no it's not source patching. The whole program freezes and I have to use task manager to close Premiere Pro.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steven, Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and your source properties and sequence settings.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 27, 2020 0