Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dual language Closed captions

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2017 Jul 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have got a 45 minute documentary in a DVD, which I am yet to copy it on to my PC. I would like to add English closed captions and one another language, both closed captions to appear at the same time. How do I do this? Where do I start? I am planning to screen the documentary via a projector in a hall.  Please advise and help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 02, 2017 Jul 02, 2017

Hi roshansriram - Happy to help! You would need to create two captioning layers, one for each language. Stack each captioning layer top of each other above the video layer in the timeline. After you type in the captions for each language in the captions panel, you can reposition the captions so one language is a bit higher than the other in the frame using the Position parameters in the caption's effects controls.

Here is my tutorial on how to make open captions in Premiere Pro:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2017 Jul 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi roshansriram - Happy to help! You would need to create two captioning layers, one for each language. Stack each captioning layer top of each other above the video layer in the timeline. After you type in the captions for each language in the captions panel, you can reposition the captions so one language is a bit higher than the other in the frame using the Position parameters in the caption's effects controls.

Here is my tutorial on how to make open captions in Premiere Pro:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And how do you add a second caption layer? I can only add 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you updated to PR 2021? The entire captions workflow has changed. If you have, post a new thread. In PR 2021, you can't use this method to see 2 caption tracks in the same sequence.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I'm working in PR 15.0 now. So now  I have to make 2 PRs for 2 seperate languages?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See "Show Multiple Caption Tracks" in this post:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/workaround-nesting-to-apply-effect-controls-to-caption-t...

Note that I have just determined that if you use a track created from the new transcription option, nesting with hang PR.

Yes, it is a workaround, but it gives you the option.

Upvote this feature request:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/42970134-multiple-caption-t...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is a question about Closed caption . you reply with the open caption is not the proper answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines