Highlighted

Dual language Closed captions

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have got a 45 minute documentary in a DVD, which I am yet to copy it on to my PC. I would like to add English closed captions and one another language, both closed captions to appear at the same time. How do I do this? Where do I start? I am planning to screen the documentary via a projector in a hall.  Please advise and help.

Hi roshansriram - Happy to help! You would need to create two captioning layers, one for each language. Stack each captioning layer top of each other above the video layer in the timeline. After you type in the captions for each language in the captions panel, you can reposition the captions so one language is a bit higher than the other in the frame using the Position parameters in the caption's effects controls.

Here is my tutorial on how to make open captions in Premiere Pro:

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dual language Closed captions

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have got a 45 minute documentary in a DVD, which I am yet to copy it on to my PC. I would like to add English closed captions and one another language, both closed captions to appear at the same time. How do I do this? Where do I start? I am planning to screen the documentary via a projector in a hall.  Please advise and help.

Hi roshansriram - Happy to help! You would need to create two captioning layers, one for each language. Stack each captioning layer top of each other above the video layer in the timeline. After you type in the captions for each language in the captions panel, you can reposition the captions so one language is a bit higher than the other in the frame using the Position parameters in the caption's effects controls.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 02, 2017 0
Engaged ,
Jul 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 02, 2017 0
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is a question about Closed caption . you reply with the open caption is not the proper answer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2020 0