• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dual Monitor in Premiere Pro CC

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded yesterday like thousands of others.  Didn't have any issues whatsoever.  Opened Premiere again this morning and the dual monitor support is gone.  I go to Preferences -> Playback and the box is still checked from yesterday.  I unchecked it, saved, restarted the computer, relaunched, re-enabled it and still the second monitor only shows my desktop.  Fired up After Effects and dual monitor support still works just fine.  My coworker hasn't had the same problem.  I'm on a 2012 iMac with 20 gigs of Ram, using a DVI to Thunderbolt adaptor for the second monitor.  Again, second monitor works fine for everything but Premiere and it was working yesterday.  Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Thank you for the quick reply.  I came back to post that we had solved it when I saw your post.  In my case, the issue was that Premiere was "overhanging" just a pixel or two onto my second monitor which was preventing it from using it as a second display.  Not sure how that happened, but thought I'd share in case someone else has the same issue.  I will keep your tip in mind too for the future. 

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2016 Oct 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing tip! I was having the EXACT same issue! I would have never guessed that was the issue! THANKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a same problem about ASUS G752VT with Nvidia GTX 970m.

Once connect a samsung s23b550 monitor and open premiere, the Program Monitor shows a hold frame. If I play the timeline I still can hear the sound, but still hold the frame or black.

I use a external hard drive to edit video. When I use the same hard disk on my old ASUS N56V laptop with the same version premiere, plug in the same monitor, it works (of course slow).

I am so confusing about my problem, hope to hear the solution of Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank god for this reply, mine was the same issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines