Highlighted

dual monitor setup, can't make separate window full screen on pc

Engaged ,
Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Premiere on PC, and I can't maximise windows that I drag out of the main window.

I open up Premiere, and it opens on one of my screens in a single window.  At the top right, i have the minimise, maximise and close window controls.

So then I open a project, and to utilise both screens, I drag the project panel out of the main window into my other screen where it becomes a separate window.  However it doesn't have maximise controls so I can't make it full screen.  This is the same with any window that I drag into it's own window.

See below, this is what I get across 2 windows, I have to manually resize the second window to try and fill the screen.  I'm sure the maximise option is available on Mac, but does anyone have the option in Windows?  Do I have a bug, or is this an option that just simply isn't available?  Does anyone know a workaround?

Regards, 5Diraptor - "If the design isn't about the dream, it's meaningless"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

dual monitor setup, can't make separate window full screen on pc

Engaged ,
Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Premiere on PC, and I can't maximise windows that I drag out of the main window.

I open up Premiere, and it opens on one of my screens in a single window.  At the top right, i have the minimise, maximise and close window controls.

So then I open a project, and to utilise both screens, I drag the project panel out of the main window into my other screen where it becomes a separate window.  However it doesn't have maximise controls so I can't make it full screen.  This is the same with any window that I drag into it's own window.

See below, this is what I get across 2 windows, I have to manually resize the second window to try and fill the screen.  I'm sure the maximise option is available on Mac, but does anyone have the option in Windows?  Do I have a bug, or is this an option that just simply isn't available?  Does anyone know a workaround?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 06, 2018 1
LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's just the way Premiere Pro works, even on a single monitor.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 06, 2018 0
Engaged ,
Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that's what I wondered, but the fact that Mac users have the option to maximise any window, I thought I'd check to see if there was any way it can be done in Windows...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 07, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want this too, and I am going to fill in this form.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

It has been bugging me for a while now, I really want this added. A simple maximise screen button for my second screen.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2018 1
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dual Screen Workspaces – Adobe video & audio apps

It seems more people want it a dual monitor option for premiere. Upvote it if you support it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2018 1
LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the issue you guys are running into is the way Windows handles multiple monitors.  After all these years, I still think Windows gets this one wrong, to the point where I recommend just not using more than one monitor.

Get a really big one.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2018 1
Engaged ,
Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most other creative cloud applications seem to sort this - Photoshop, Illy, InDy - pull out a window and you immediately have the option to maximise to full screen.  Wish they were all consistent - would be so convenient to have this in Premiere. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it.

My issue here is that you should have two options, Maximize on the current monitor, and Maximize across both monitors.  Without that native window behavior, I just don't consider two monitors a viable option for Windows.

That's my hangup, though.  You can ask Adobe to change things for PP below.

Adobe video & audio apps

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 11, 2018 0
Engaged ,
Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jim_Simon - I don't know what computer you're using but my laptop uses an Nvidia card which comes with nView software.  In this I can go to "Windows Manager" and I have an option to "Enable windows spanning across multiple displays" - when I check that, I get a fourth option at the top left to maximise the window across all displays.  However this still doesn't work for my Premiere Pro project window. 

Tip could come in useful if you're using an Nvidia card - other graphics card manufacturers may offer the same option though, just a thought.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 11, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Tony.  Nice tip.

I would argue that this needs to be a Windows implementation, though.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 11, 2018 0
Engaged ,
Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean it should be a setting that's available natively in Windows?  Agree with that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 11, 2018 1
Engaged ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jim_Simon  Hello Jim, I know this is an older post, but the shortcut posted by @isaacb993116  no longer works in the latest version.  Is there a way you know of to maximise a second window?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim has left the building of this forum. Sadly, he was a great (if "pithy") participant here for many years.

The only Premiere window that can be currently maximized at least on Windows is the primary one, with the menu bar. And on some systems, that only works if that window is on the primary monitor of the computer.

Besides that, Premiere can get a bit cranky if the main Premiere window isn't on the primary monitor.

So it's still relevant to put in on their UserVoice system to get this added in.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2020 1
Engaged ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil, fair play to him, he helped a lot of people over the years.  I have already upvoted the relevant posts on uservoice - https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/33841012-dual-screen-worksp...

However like a lot of things on uservoice, it's been requested for a while and not a lot is happening.   Adobe software has a lot of potential, but it seems a shame that generally each new release is filled with bugs and that feature requests are often ignored for years until it becomes a problem.  So I try and fix my problems with help from this community or the stack exchange forums, best way that I've found.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tracking what gets worked on, fixed, added, or dropped is a fascinating exercise in human ... oddities. Truly.

I've ranted, talked, and cajoled engineers and program supervisors over the years at NAB and MAX, and one thing seems to remain: the M&E people (marketing & expeirience) are essentially More Important than the development team & program supers/heads. And apparently can and regularly do over-ride the preferences of the developers and program heads based on their read of tea leaves ... "metrics" as that group calls it.

One recurring comment: "We get some truly bizarre requests from tons of users who clearly aren't professionals, and try to ignore them, but ... the numbers are so big that someone clearly thinks the ideas must be needed." Followed by a big sigh.

Learn to read the Adobe tea leaves, you find ... M&E people reading their collated list of user complaints/requests from the UserVoice system. And yea, I've had engineers give me the top five 'recent' post requests, and you just shake your head.

And so ...

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present for your consideration...

There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call ...

... The Adobe Zone.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Press Crtl + \

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2018 3
Engaged ,
Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not as good as windows buttons, but it works!  thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2018 0
Engaged ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This no longer works as of version 14.5.0

Is there any other way to maximise windows?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2020 0