• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dual Monitors completely destroyed everything

Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont know what is happening right now. Everything was fine until I set up my second monitor, and now playback is incredibly fast, audio has turned to garbage, and all of the footage disappeared from my timeline. To my knowledge I didn't press anything or do anything like that, but everything is just so screwed up now. Anyone have any ideas?

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card.  But it sounds like it might be the driver for your graphics card.    And here's a simple question:  If you disconnect the second monitor does it go back to behaving properly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny enough, it did go back haha. so does that mean graphics card?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how should I know?  but if you can give us the info I asked for, we may (no promises) have a clue.  
There are a pretty amazing group of people here who actually have most of the answers.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

Ended up playing around with everything a bit last night and we're all good!! Thanks again for takin the time to reach out and help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please tell us what solved the problem.  Maybe it'd help someone else in the same situation..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

D3GENERATE,

Usually this means Audio Hardware preferences. Is that the setting you jiggled? Let us know.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone!

Thanks so much for all of those who reached out to try and help!!

HERES THE "SOLUTION"

So I had changed the port of my main monitor from an HDMI do a Display Port, and put my new second monitor onto the HDMI. 

I think Premiere must've just been running in the background when I made this switch-causing the problem at hand-so I ended up shutting everything down.

I unplugged the Display Port and the HDMI from my PC tower, plugged them back in, made sure both chords were securely in (both on my tower and the monitors), plugged my LaCie HardDrive back in, and everything worked like normal again!

I'm not too sure as to why shutting everything down and restarting Premiere didn't occur to me right away, but hey, ya live and ya learn. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for posting back. Not enuf people do that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines