• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicated and modified captions only show after restart

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I'm using Premiere 14.9.0 and struggling with captions.

I have a project with 20 different clips. Each of them gets its own captions.

To speed things up, I duplicate one captions file, rename it and place it into the next clip.

I can edit the captions in the captions window. I even see the new captions in the timeline. But they are not displayed on the video. Instead the old ones are still show which makes no sense AT ALL. 

After restarting Premiere I see the new captions though. But it's a time and nerves consuming workaround. I also don't want to export a standalone file and import it again. Why can't it just be as intuitive as it should be 🤔

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why can't it just be as intuitive as it should be.

I hear you. But this is a known issue in PR 2020 and earlier, and, since PR 2021 is a completely revamped captioning workflow, it won't be fixed.

In my tests and user reports, I recall that the restart did not always fix this. It is odd, because you can get all sorts of combinations of which stream appears to be the one used for the appearance in the Program Monitor.

In any event, if the restart is working for you, pick your workaround poison: export and reimport (with limitations on styling) or restart to reset.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines