• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DV capture format gone after update to Catalina

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently updated my macbook to Catalina and it no longer gives me the option to capture in dv. Any ideas?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for the frustration. Please file the issue as a bug here.

DV codecs do seem to be supported in macOS Catalina: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209000 
You can try capturing DV in a free third party application if it is not functioning in Premiere Pro.

Thanks,

Kevin Monahan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, 

Did you have any luck with this? I'm currently experiencing the same issue after updating to Catalina. The option to capture DV seems to have vanished from Premiere Pro. Doesn't seem like too many others are experiencing this around the web? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have not found a solution. I'm not sure what to do. Even after updating to Premiere Pro 2020 the problem still remains. I made another post that got no attention until recently with someone saying they are having the same problem. I assume very few people have this problem because there is probably only a small amount of people capturing DV with brand new macs. I hope this gets resolved soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar issue-- currently directing and editing a documentary that is very DV heavy.  It's used as a specific choice for the narrative.  I am appaled that apple would do such a thing.  

Any headway?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, I have not noticed any progress yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iMovie seems to be working for me. Premire was a no go for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of Mac users stated the 1934 IEEE OHCI FireWire ports were no longer supported in OS X.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, FireWire works via a USB-C port adapters (iMac Pro 2017 and MacBook Pro 2019) (for example, iMovie). DV video capture in Adobe Premiere doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines