• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.dv from old Mac is not recognized by Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI: the only computer I have that still has firewire is an old Macbook. I've started importing my old tapes into the MacBook which results in .dv files. I've copied these files to my Windows 10 laptop and would like to work with them using Premiere Pro. However it does not recognize them.

I understand that I may have to get a codec for the old .dv files but I don't know where to get them from.

Any help you can provide would be great,

Ron

TOPICS
Formats , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ronald,

Which version of macOS are you using? I believe you need Mojave or earlier for that to work. Do you have Mojave installed? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kevin,

As I mentioned, it is an old Mac, o/s 10.6.8. So, no I don't have Mojave - 10.14

It has not been updated in a long time hence I hesitate to connect it to the internet. I only use it because it is the only device I have that has a firewire port so I can degitize my tapes.

So this is what I've done. Using iMovie 8, I was able to import a few tapes into the MacBook. I've copied them to my Windows laptop. However, Premiere is not able to open them. Windows version of VLC is able to play them.

Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.dv is a wrapper, what is inside YOUR wrapper - Exactly what is INSIDE the video you are editing?
Report back with the codec details of your file, use the program below
Free program to get file information for PC/Mac http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download
- when you analyze your file in MediaInfo and post a screen shot in the forum, do so in TREE view
- post your information IN your message, not as an attachment that someone would have to download

What MAY work is to run the files through the  https://handbrake.fr/ open source transcoder/converter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines