• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

dvd authoring.

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any possibilities that adobe will make a dvd authoring app? I know there use to be encore but with that dead, there isn't much out there for easy use or understanding. My school teaches dvd authoring but we can't use encore. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(sarcasticly) What's a DVD?

None of my computers (3) now have an optical drive installed. Had to buy an external to read old DVDs.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe will never offer another program for authoring DVD's or Blu-ray's.   I use Cyberlink Power 2Go 13.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is that?  They just want to focus on getting our $30/month from our Creative Cloud and just focus on the top 3 (PP, AE, and PS)?  I mean when you actually look at ALL the software products Adobe has created over the years you think they would want to help support this community that pays for their software.

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't Vegas just a knock-off of Premiere Pro???  I don't see any specific DVD authoring software via your link.  Doesn't Final Cut pro have a DVD authoring option in their software?  It seems there are two schools out there...you're either using Adobe or Final Cut and the groups are like the old Windows Vs. Mac LOL.

I am downloading the trial version of Pegasys b/c I have seen many content creators mention it by name.  I'm also trying Wondershare (which I had downloaded on my computer I replaced in March).  It didn't have many menu screen options but it seemed to work in a pinch.

Thanks,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the serial number CS6 so I can't verify the possible solution at the end of the message below, but it is claimed there that it is still possible to install Encore and use it via the Cloud, by following the exact instructions in the message from Averdahl... as always with old links, copy the download to an external device
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/how-is-everyone-making-dvd-s-in-premiere-pro-without-enc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much John!!!  I was able to navigate through Averdahl's instructions, download it, install the templates pack, and quickly build my DVD.  It is burning as I type this.  It was actually fun to try and remember all the nuances with Encore (pick whips LOL).  But the most important thing that I LOVED about Encore was you could do a full preview of how the DVD was going to look and sound.  This saved me from ruining anymore discs.  Not to mention in Encore you can test the DVD to make sure you didn't miss something (like orphaned buttons, routing of buttons, etc.).

Thanks again,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still no solution for Mac users?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines