Highlighted

DVD export no sound

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a film using two mpg files created from old vhs family tapes. But when I exported to dvd (pal) the sound was missing. It previewed fine in premier.

Also despite searching extensively I cannot find how to insert a DVD menu. Do I have to buy more software on top of my CC subscription, because that seems a bit cheeky.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Export, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

DVD export no sound

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a film using two mpg files created from old vhs family tapes. But when I exported to dvd (pal) the sound was missing. It previewed fine in premier.

Also despite searching extensively I cannot find how to insert a DVD menu. Do I have to buy more software on top of my CC subscription, because that seems a bit cheeky.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Export, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 05, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't just write files to a DVD... you must use authoring software

Since Encore is no longer included with a subscription (program withdrawn due to the owner of internal modules cancelling the license) you need to use a different program

Encore alternative http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/taw6.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I just expected this to be bundled within my CC subscription. It is not very clear. 

So one cannot do menus either - I need different software that Adobe don't provide?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this point in time Adobe has to be aware that DVD and Blu-ray disks are still needed. Next on the Agenda should be a simple authorizing prgrams that integrates with Premiere Pro but can be used with FCPX, Avid Edius etc.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2020 0
RozLila LATEST
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andy - indeed; I am quite astounded that this is not included in my CC subscription!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>I need different software that Adobe don't provide?

Yes, that is what I said... and I provided a link to one possible program

For an all in one program, I am told that Premiere Elements (for Windows only?) will work

Here Elements http://www.adobe.com/products/elements-family.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you John - I am just quite taken aback that this capacityis not included in Premier Pro! I think paying nearly £100 on top of a CC subscription is too much.

As I only wanted to burn some digitalised versions of VHS converted from Cine 8 for a relative with no computer I was pleased to find some open source software that would do this.

https://www.dvdstyler.org/en/ 

R

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2020 0