• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DXV Codec

Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro and Media Encoder are not finding the DXV Codec I downloaded from Resolume's site.  It installs quickly without error but I cannot find it as an active Codec in Premiere Pro

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you have Quicktime installed an usable in Premiere before you install the DVX?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried this on the two computers I am using and both don'r recognize the codec.  this has to be something I'm not enabling in Premiere Pro and Media encoder?

Seems straight forward but when I pull up the Quicktime option for exporting I get limited options

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this will help - DXV Codec - Resolume Avenue & Arena Manual

I checked out the website and am confused about how this is all supposed to work. I think too many tech companies today make assumptions and therefore do not promote a clear message to the uninitiated as to just what their product actually does! Frustrating....

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, what is also interesting is that going straight through QT seems a little faster than I remember AMC.

What OS are you on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Quicktime is available as a format but can't see the DVX options either in the Preset dropdown or the video codec dropdown  this has to be something simple I'm missing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same issue with after effects. This is a major problem as most of what I do is in DXV!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. In my case the dvx-Installer put the codec into the wrong folder. What helped me was this:

1. Search on your PC for dvx

2. There is a file named "DXV3Codec.qtx"

3. Rightclick -  Open the data path

In my case it was here C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem

4. COPY the File

5. Paste it here: C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime Alternative\QTComponents (or whatever you are using)

This should be enough, I also did this to be sure:

6. Copy the complete "QTComponents" Folder and paste it to the normal QuickTime-Folder.

7. Restart and work 😃

This worked for me, I hope I was able to help you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that was really usefull

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey there,

do u mean there is a folder called "QuickTime Alternative"?....coz i dont have one..or do u mean some alternative to quicktime? what might that be?.

i installed the dvx codec but it isnt showing up in the dropdown menus of media encoder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Irisvideo did you ever got an answer? I'm having exactly the same question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines